a little late to the party.....that never happened anyway

willy431

So I hit 7 walmarts over the last few days...my normal hunting route. Most have been reset. ALL have doubled their lego shelving space...which is great news...lego is growing in popularity! One odd thing...none of these have EVER stocked lone ranger.....only target, lego, and disney stocked it around here....until now. After disney blasted out their junk at 50% off..most targets did as well on most sets.

NoW? Walmart decides to stock every LR set 5 deepx2 slots? There were at least 10 of each set at every walmart I hit this weekend...and they never had any before.

These were either delayed in shipment,,,mis slotted/marked for display in wrong quarter...or....they are super smart and bought out target and disney at 50% off msrp..and holding till eol and the dvd is released to make bank.

I am guessing the summer planagram had a mistake. Should have been stocked last quarter.

Guest eightbrick

Well, we know what will inevitably be 50% off the day after Christmas.

I certainly hope so. I want to pick up some of the sets for myself at a minimum, unless the rumored Western sets with the Lego movie are a lot better.

So I hit 7 walmarts over the last few days...my normal hunting route. Most have been reset. ALL have doubled their lego shelving space...which is great news...lego is growing in popularity! One odd thing...none of these have EVER stocked lone ranger.....only target, lego, and disney stocked it around here....until now. After disney blasted out their junk at 50% off..most targets did as well on most sets.

NoW? Walmart decides to stock every LR set 5 deepx2 slots? There were at least 10 of each set at every walmart I hit this weekend...and they never had any before.

These were either delayed in shipment,,,mis slotted/marked for display in wrong quarter...or....they are super smart and bought out target and disney at 50% off msrp..and holding till eol and the dvd is released to make bank.

I am guessing the summer planagram had a mistake. Should have been stocked last quarter.

Willy, I saw the exact same thing in the Walmart near me, out here in Illinois.  It looks like WM is doubling the size of their Lego aisle.  That can only mean good news as some of these sets will have to sit on the shelf, and eventually become clearance, right?

Or......that they have plenty of room to store them...and don't need to free up the space as much anymore.

True - the new shelf space housing more Lego could provide more inventory space.

FWIW, I think the aisle being converted to Lego had Transformer and Ninja Turtle toys pre-conversion.

Most of the Walmarts near me just started carrying The Lone Ranger Sets as well.  Odd, unless they think the home video release will drive interest in the brand.  I haven't seen overall expansion of LEGO aisles in my area, although most of them are doing this weird thing where they have cut the length of space LEGO is on the shelves, but they do it on both sides of the aisle.  It may be standard elsewhere, but to this point all of the stores around me would just have them all on one side.  I keep walking down the aisle saying "Where the hell is everything?", then I turn around and feel like a dope.