Thrift Store Score!

I was out running errands and stopped into one of our cities many thrift stores yesterday and in the toy section I saw 5 big bags of Lego sitting there. I have found some Lego recently but nothing like this. So for a grand total of 27.32(give or take a few pennies) I walked out with what is at least 30-35 pounds of the good stuff. 

I was absolutely stoked! I could tell right off the bat that there was plenty of star wars as well as one bag that had been specifically sorted to have town pieces in it.

This is going to take me a while to sift through but based on the minifigs I have found thus far and certain unique parts I have thus far determined that the following sets, or remnants of the following sets are included in this lot:

Star Wars:

Set 7676, Republic Gunship

Set 7666, Hoth Rebel Base

Set 6211, Imperial Star Destroyer

Set 6665, Republic Cruiser

Set 7670, Hailfire and Spider Droid

Set 7669, Anakin's Star Fighter

Toy Story:

Lego 7579, Army Men on Patrol

Lego 7596, Trash Compacter Escape

SpongeBob:

Lego 4981, Chum Bucket

Lego 3830, Bikini Bottom Express

Town:

Lego 4031, Floating Boats Fire Rescue

Lego 7206, Fire Helicopter

Lego 4011, Cabin Cruiser

Lego 6395, Victory Lap Raceway

I am sure there is more sets to be identified but for the time being I am already overwhelmed. Not sure how I am going to approach this lot yet because I already have 4 more lots that still need to be sorted including some classic space stuff. The work is piling up but I couldn't be happier about it! Here are some pics

9518007498_1ec6421de4.jpg
Untitled by roadrunner1633, on Flickr

9518017702_bf73f98a8a.jpg

9518032350_86ef364156.jpg

9515269481_bab36d9d92.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! Looks like there are a few nice sets in there. Just the number of minifigs is nice.

I haven't found any Lego at thrift stores in awhile, but I don't really check that often. I see lots of bulk lots on eBay that are posted by thrift stores, so makes your find that much more unique.

Nice score!!! You'll have an amazing ROI with that lot! I have to ask, how often do you stop by thrift stores, and do you live in a city, or a more rural area? 

Thanks everybody. I have been pretty lucky in the past finding Lego at thrift stores but in recent years that has changed with Goodwill's implementation of their own auction site and many other thrift stores like the Salvation Army using eBay to sell the items that they believe are valuable. 

Goodwill gets all of Target's "salvage" merchandise so I used to find all kinds of Lego sets, probably from 05-08. Found Jabba's Sail Barge and the Millenium Falcon along with countless other sets. Some sealed, some not, but most with no more than a damaged box.

I live in the City and stop at probably 1 thrift store per day. There is one located not far from my house so it's easy to stop for 5 minutes each day to do a walk through. Pays off big time as with this particular score I was short on time but because it is so close I was able to stop quickly on my way home and stumbled upon the Lego.