2 Important Articles for Buyers and Sellers (important if you didn't know)

I came across 2 good articles today for both buying and selling items, like Lego.  

http://lifehacker.com/sometimes-its-better-to-ignore-auctions-when-selling-1136561610

http://lifehacker.com/learn-the-secret-price-codes-for-staples-to-grab-the-bi-1124057490

The first one has some interesting aspects of the 'buy now' option and how it can both hurt and help your sales.

The second article has a chart of the markdown and clearance codes for Target and some other larger chains.  They just took the chart off, and they replaced it with a neater list of codes.

Here is the chart, if you want to see it:

http://lifehacker.com/know-the-secret-price-codes-at-major-retailers-to-save-921445013

• Like 4

Guest ph4tb0i

I generally following this rule: 

1. If things are tight on margin (e.***. less than 50%), I will have them as BIN

2. If I'm making a crazy amount of margin (e.***. sometimes I get appliance parts for 3-5 dollars that I flip for 100-200), then I will put BIN or Best Offer.

3. When I know I have a high demand item and I feel like gambling, I'll throw it into an auction and have it end on Sunday Night EST to maximize viewership. 

I generally following this rule: 

1. If things are tight on margin (e.***. less than 50%), I will have them as BIN

2. If I'm making a crazy amount of margin (e.***. sometimes I get appliance parts for 3-5 dollars that I flip for 100-200), then I will put BIN or Best Offer.

3. When I know I have a high demand item and I feel like gambling, I'll throw it into an auction and have it end on Sunday Night EST to maximize viewership. 

Why Sunday night?

Why Sunday night?

I've noticed that Sunday night seems to get the best prices.  Not sure the difference is huge, and you could do better on a random Wednesday (I always say you just need 2 people on Ebay to drive up the price).  But if you ended all your auctions on a Sunday I think you would be doing better.  I am not speaking for PH4 as maybe they have a different experience...but that is what I have noticed.

I've noticed that Sunday night seems to get the best prices.  Not sure the difference is huge, and you could do better on a random Wednesday (I always say you just need 2 people on Ebay to drive up the price).  But if you ended all your auctions on a Sunday I think you would be doing better.  I am not speaking for PH4 as maybe they have a different experience...but that is what I have noticed.

I can slightly confirm this.  Because of where I work at, I've had tours of some of the local Amazon distributors in my area (1 million sqft warehouses) and the rep said that Amazon's peak selling time is Sunday Nights... the second busiest is Monday mornings.