The one that got away

I have been thinking about an auction on eBay I watched approx 3 years ago that I wished I had persevered with. The set was #6339, the Shuttle Launch Pad. The reason I wished I kept up with the auction was because it was signed (with proof photos) by Story Musgrave, the only astronaut to go on all five Space Shuutles. My losss was due to the finishing time being early hours my time and the notification system about ending soon items wasn't so great then. When I saw that it finished, I was rather mad with myself as this was

If I had outbid the others, it went for approx US $150, this would have been a locked away set for investment purposes. I wonder what it's worth now they don't fly the shuttles anymore?

This was my one that got away...

Oz, thanks for sharing.  While this sounds like a neat collectible, I think you should be happy that you missed this auction.  I have my doubts whether this specific set will ever double without the signature, and the signature itself is of a personality that while historically significant, isn't all that famous or collectible.  For investment purposes, I'm not sure if there's that much of a market for this signed set.

That said, someone will now post this on eBay next week and it will sell for $500!

I wouldn't worry about missing out on that auction for a second.  6339 is a desirable set on its own, but not hugely so.  Adding an astronaut's signature to the box would only affect its value for someone who was either really into the shuttle program or really into Story Musgrave.  IMHO you were lucky to miss out on winning that auction...you can use your money better elsewhere.