What does your clearance sales look like?

Bargain Busters  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you find retail store discounts?

• Never
    • Once in a long while
    • Sometimes
    • Very well
    • Numerously
    • Almost always
  2. 2. What type of sales do you typically see on average?

• 10% - 15% off or less
    • 20% - 25% off
    • 30% - 35% off
    • 40% - 45% off
    • 50% - 55% off
    • 60% - 65% off
    • 70% - 75% off or more
  3. 3. What is the highest discount you have ever come across?

• 10% - 15% off or less
    • 20% - 25% off
    • 30% - 35% off
    • 40% - 45% off
    • 50% - 55% off
    • 60% - 65% off
    • 70% - 75% off or more

• 2 weeks later...

Not LEGO, but I found that a Target here had clearanced the brand new line of action figures for the Captain America 2 movie alongside their Avengers and Spider-Man lines. Got the whole wave for 50% off, and it was the only store in town who did it.

Just proof that individual stores, even Target, can vary greatly. When and if a clearance is happening, it pays to check them all, especially when the deeper discount is applied.

• 2 months later...

If any of you were able to take advantage of the $13 deal at KMart for 6166, there's some decent profit to be had if you sell now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ultimate-Building-Block-Set-405-Pieces-with-Instructions-6166-/281276905173?hash=item417d68f6d5

Was very pleased to find one of these at Kmart last week on clearance for $21 and sold within 24hrs for $60. Hoping to find more at kmart or Walmart clearance. Speaking of WM, today I saw Big Farm.

If any of you were able to take advantage of the $13 deal at KMart for 6166, there's some decent profit to be had if you sell now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ultimate-Building-Block-Set-405-Pieces-with-Instructions-6166-/281276905173?hash=item417d68f6d5

I have absolutely zero clue why would anyone in their right mind buy 405 basic bricks for 65...

• Like 1

Who would've thunk a 'plain jane' tub of equally simple bricks that has sat around my Walmart forever could have gone for so much when it finally kicked the bucket? I guess people are rather desperate for that 16x16 baseplate then.
  • Like 1

Seriously???  I picked up 8 of these for $13!  I had no idea they were going for this much on Ebay!  I don't understand why people would pay that much for these, after all, they are just buckets with common bricks and plates.  I can understand why people are willing to pay well-above retail for retired sets with cool minifigures and unique parts, but a bucket of bricks?  Am I missing something here???

Seriously???  I picked up 8 of these for $13!  I had no idea they were going for this much on Ebay!  I don't understand why people would pay that much for these, after all, they are just buckets with common bricks and plates.  I can understand why people are willing to pay well-above retail for retired sets with cool minifigures and unique parts, but a bucket of bricks?  Am I missing something here???

I have no idea, but I may go ahead and list mine soon.  There are several listings where they sold at $55 - $60.

I have no idea, but I may go ahead and list mine soon.  There are several listings where they sold at $55 - $60.

I do understand the appeal, especially from parent perspective. Bucket of bricks is supposed to bolster creativity and encourage unstructured play, similar to architecture studio (well, except without the book). But, usually, there are cheaper, ppp wise, options available for any given time. Yet out of production buckets easily command premium prices - that I don't understand. ..

• Like 1