Really Amazon???

TheDarkness

I cannot help but laugh over this.

Amongst my last order from Amazon.co.uk was a few boxes of the 9461 Swamp Creature set. Instead of placing them in the box with the rest of the Lego, someone with a far greater intellect than I possess decided to put the sets into their dvd boxes. Needless to say they didn't fit properly, so needed to be pushed down a bit just to squish in.....

post-9792-0-67336300-1375840167_thumb.jp

I cannot help but laugh over this.

Amongst my last order from Amazon.co.uk was a few boxes of the 9461 Swamp Creature set. Instead of placing them in the box with the rest of the Lego, someone with a far greater intellect than I possess decided to put the sets into their dvd boxes. Needless to say they didn't fit properly, so needed to be pushed down a bit just to squish in.....

I bet the person just sat on it - then shoved it in there.

I don't know if they're doing this through Amazon UK, but through their U.S. site I've been getting follow up emails after purchases requesting "packaging and shipping feedback" - I haven't followed through, but I'm hopeful they realize they have some un-neutered, un-housebroken gorillas doing some of their packaging and are trying to put a stop to their hilarious simian antics.

Wow! I'll post a pic of the lr wagon I received monday from them. Something is going on there lately. My packages were nearly pefect for years from them. Lately every lego is smashed...and rest of order (in same box!) Is mint. I didn't complain since I am on verge of flagged there too...but there must have been a lego handling memo sent to shipping folks and they are upset? You want to complain about lego boxes smashed.....take this!

It has been hit and miss with them lately. Water damage on one order, the next a technic Crawler went AWOL (data was never placed in their tracking system either) then an order mysteriously got returned to them, all consecutive orders. Last few orders were fine.

But packing Lego in a dvd box is ummmm.....rather thick!

That is certainly unacceptable. I have never ordered (or at least been able to) from the overseas Amazon sites, just out of interest, in such a situation, is it usually worth the fight in getting them to either send out a replacement or provide a refund?

Usually yes it is worth it, however after a string of bad luck and partial refunds, I am not going to bother about a couple of sets I paid like $5 for. That being said, they treated them as such too :D

That's a shame.  Hopefully all your experiences don't turn out like this.  It's tough to blame Amazon as a whole though, companies that large are bound to have a few bad apples in them or at least people that exercise poor judgement.  I'm sure that by letting Amazon know you will be doing a lot of other people a favor by helping to correct the employee.

That's a shame.  Hopefully all your experiences don't turn out like this.  It's tough to blame Amazon as a whole though, companies that large are bound to have a few bad apples in them or at least people that exercise poor judgement.  I'm sure that by letting Amazon know you will be doing a lot of other people a favor by helping to correct the employee.

Hahahah. I have always send them feedback about their packaging across the world, as I am sure many people have.

Hasn't changed a single thing in the years I have been buying from them.

Guest eightbrick

Wow. That is actually pretty funny, especially with your wording (eg. "... someone with a far greater intellect than I possess..."). I have yet to use Amazon to order Lego (yeah, yeah, I know, that's practically sacrilege on this site), this might make me think twice.

Interesting...I keep getting emails from AmazonUK wanting me to rate their shipping. Not the product, just shipping.

The ask questions about how the item was packed, was their any damage to the shipping box or the contents, etc.

I've only ordered from AmazonUK a few times but I must have received 10 or more emails asking me to rate their shipping service.

I too was perplexed.  I selected FREE shipping, and purposely spaced out orders of HEAVY BOTTLES and THIN LEGO boxes to avoid a combined package.  Yet they thwarted me.

I rated the packagin poorly and attached a photo in the response.  They did not reply.  The huge box was thrashed and open, I was missing some lego peices but I have replacements so its no biggie.