9472 - Attack on Weathertop

Ah, I see.

So you just go to Lego.com and search "weathertop" and you get this:

http://search2.lego.com/?q=weathertop&lang=2057&cc=US

Which gives me an idea for a tool if there isn't one already.  It would just auto-search all set numbers and scrape the search results for availability and list all the Retired products.

430 peices for $60 seems high  .. it should have been 49.99 at the most retail.

Ah, I see.

Which gives me an idea for a tool if there isn't one already.  It would just auto-search all set numbers and scrape the search results for availability and list all the Retired products.

Last time I trust my Iphone looked up city astronaut set on lego.com mobile site said it was retired bought 10 of them come home on my pc and its not retired .. fail

430 peices for $60 seems high .. it should have been 49.99 at the most retail.

agreed. ..and that is prob the main reason the set didn't sell much until it started to be discounted online into the $40s 2-3 months ago. i purchased my sets from target.com and kmart.com for an avg of $47.14 after tax (great price feature of the brickfolio). if i jumped in sooner, my avg price paid would have been closer to $43.

Ah, I see.

Also if this site does not give a LEGO Shop at Home price then it may be retired.

I find the lego site search function not very good. They need a simple search so you can search everything in the shop. Rather than everything in the site.

That's a little dishonest. Just my opinion.

I agree. I would never intentionally hide sets or peel off clearance stickers in the hopes of keeping them for myself. I have even heard some people taking off the sales sticker on one set and then apply it to the one they wanted so the cashier matched it to the price shown instead of what it rang up as.