NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

Hi,

When I added 70107 to my inventory it showed a profit but when you check the data it doesn't match up. In my brick folio it is listed at $19+ CAN and the charts show a market value of $13+ US. With exchange it should only list at around or close to $15 CAN. Which is the correct value?

Values of sets will vary across regions. A set could be worth more/less in another country.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question and didn't feel it warranted it's own topic......it concerns free shipping on the lego website.  I just started making purchases over the last month or so, and they have had free shipping over $75 the entire time.  I've noticed, though, from reading older posts that this is not always the case.  Did they recently change policy and will continue to offer free shipping over $75 here on out??  The reason I ask is that I want to purchase some larger sets (that I don't think will be retiring in the near future) and wait for the double or triple vip points deals to take advantage of them.  But, if you lose free shipping to gain double or triple vip points, it's kind of a wash in my mind.  Any feedback from long time collectors would be appreciated!!

Hello,

First, thank you for providing this fantastic site. I am a new member and had a couple questions about the brickfolio. Being new, all of the sets that I have added have all been over the last two weeks. The graph on the default page for the brickfolio shows all of the change in value happening in November. But I added them in January.

Also, and more confusing to me, the brickfolio total value is not the same as the "current price" of the entire brickfolio. I feel like they should be the same. The total value is found on the default page of the brickfolio and the current price I refer to is found when viewing all brickfolio items and looking at the grand total of the column named "current price"

Hello,

First, thank you for providing this fantastic site. I am a new member and had a couple questions about the brickfolio. Being new, all of the sets that I have added have all been over the last two weeks. The graph on the default page for the brickfolio shows all of the change in value happening in November. But I added them in January.

Also, and more confusing to me, the brickfolio total value is not the same as the "current price" of the entire brickfolio. I feel like they should be the same. The total value is found on the default page of the brickfolio and the current price I refer to is found when viewing all brickfolio items and looking at the grand total of the column named "current price"

The Brickfolio prices are based on US data alone.  There is not enough data right now to cover UK, EU or Australian Brickfoilios.  Are you based in the US?

• Like 1

Hi I find that the valuations you have of the brickfolio are well below the UK market price (lowest possible price I can get the sets from anywhere locally). Is this due to the fact that you value from a US perspective or have I missed something in the way you calculate? Thanks

See above post.

Do the older plates and tiles that have Pat Pend on them have any increased value?

Yes and no.  Older pat. pend. parts can be made out of CA (cellulose acetate) plastic and not ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene).  CA parts tend to have less clutch power, which is an undesirable quality for LEGO builders so in that way they can be seen as less valuable.  If you can reach the smaller and more niche collector market people will pay above average prices for well described vintage parts.

Guest eightbrick

having a dumb moment how do we post a new topic?  so ashamed/tippsy

Go to the subforum that you want to post in (eg. Introduce Yourself & New Member FAQs) and on the upper right there is a button that says "Post New Topic" ;)

EDIT: should have clicked the next page button already answered lol

The Brickfolio prices are based on US data alone.  There is not enough data right now to cover UK, EU or Australian Brickfoilios.  Are you based in the US?

Ed Mack, thank you for the helpful suggestion.

However, I am based in the US so that wasn't the issue.  I did discover the problem by creating a new account, adding in the same items one by one and seeing when the problem first occurs.  

It should have been obvious to me, but it wasn't.  When viewing the "entire collection" the "current price" total is based on the market data found in the price guide on this website.  However, the "brickfolio value" is based on that same data (when it exists) and apparently uses the purchase price data when the price guide has no data.  So all of my minifigures were counting as $0 for the "current price" total when viewing the full collection.  But when viewing the Brickfolio landing page they are counted as the value I purchased them at instead of $0.  I also have a 79014 I was able to get at a great price and that also inflated the difference in the two totals.

So, thanks to those who tried to assist and hopefully this information will be useful to other new folks like me.

• 2 weeks later...