Jealous on the deals I see on here :-)

LegoFink

I have Wal-Mart and Target discount envy reading some posts on here.  I have 4 Targets within a 5 mile radius of me and 1 Wal-Mart and never see any deals.  I see a red tag every once in a while for a small City set or something like that but never much more than that.  I still do enjoy the hunt though.  :thumbsup:

Keep on hunting...for me it's half the fun chasing deals.  Sometimes when it rain it pours so to speak so just have that credit card ready :) If you think you have it bad, try being in CAN and seeing most of our 'deals' match regular US retail prices haha. 

Eh, the hunt is fun but I personally find I get my most consistent deals through online shopping.  So convenient, it's worth it to me.

same here ... its online for me ... helps to keep the cost down too (gas) and doesnt wast time driving around and fighting crowds, traffic .etc ... 

just gotta be alert when your on this forum ... keep an eye out on deals as these guys are quick to post ... jump on it quick ... watch out for amazon.co.uk deals ... those are usually big winners for a short time period ...

Guest ph4tb0i

Yeah, I've given up hunting at retail locations as well. Just not worth the time and effort. Amazon UK solves a lot of my problems for me. :)

I was looking up sets on my walmart app last night, retail, retail, Helms deep.. $59 at one of local walmarts?!? (limited availability) jumped in the car, drove out there.. none in the lego aisle, none hidden in the toy section, and my walmarts dont really have a designated clearance section. Oh well, shoulda known there wouldnt be any helms on the shelf. Did get 2 orc forges and 2 uruk-hai for 30% off plus 5% at my targets yesterday, so I reall cant complain, still helms deep at that price woulda been sweet!

I have Wal-Mart and Target discount envy reading some posts on here.  I have 4 Targets within a 5 mile radius of me and 1 Wal-Mart and never see any deals.  I see a red tag every once in a while for a small City set or something like that but never much more than that.  I still do enjoy the hunt though.  :thumbsup:

CLearance isn't everything - you will get a lot more here. But just be vigilant, you will find something!!!

I was looking up sets on my walmart app last night, retail, retail, Helms deep.. $59 at one of local walmarts?!? (limited availability) jumped in the car, drove out there.. none in the lego aisle, none hidden in the toy section, and my walmarts dont really have a designated clearance section. Oh well, shoulda known there wouldnt be any helms on the shelf. Did get 2 orc forges and 2 uruk-hai for 30% off plus 5% at my targets yesterday, so I reall cant complain, still helms deep at that price woulda been sweet!

What you do is hide the set behind something where no one looks in walmart and when it goes on sale go and buy it

• Like 3

I'm to the point of using online vendors as that is really my only choice. I only have a Walmart and a very small toy section. If they ever clearance I feel I will have a good shot but who knows. I wish I had some targets.

My advice is to purchase smart online when discounts or Buy one get one half off are available. You do this with the right sets there is usually a good amount of money to be made.

same here except I already learned not to go there just for Lego to not get too disappointed over wasted time and gas :)  So now I combine hunting with regular food or whatever shopping.  Too bad I have only 1 Target close enough.  But I still keep some hope for 3 Walmarts.   

And yes, online shopping is better for me in most cases. 

Good luck to you and to all of us! :)