Bulk Lego ?

Hello

very new to the investing world of legos, although i have always loved to build and play with them. I always try and get my wife to buy them for my kids, when inside my head i know ill be playing with them lol. Any way just wondering about bulk legos and were you mite be able to sell them once you buy them. I have a friend who wants to get rid of tubs and tubs of legos for cheap.Thanks for your time.

Ebay is going to be the the primary outlet. Most collections of tubs of clean used legos get bid up pretty well. Craigslist is the best way if they don't want to hassle with all the details of selling on ebay. Where is your friend located? May users (including me) on here buy bulk Lego all the time.

Hi Retrosycick! Welcome to BrickPicker!! To answer your question, assuming that you have bought a brand new set, I would try to sell each set individually on eBay, as that is generally the way to maximize profits!

Once you are done with the set, you can list them on eBay. I strongly recommend having a little bit of a buying background before you begin to sell because buyers are generally more wary of low feedback sellers, especially on higher priced items. If you don't feel that your effort will be worthwhile on eBay, you could try for a local deal by listing on CraigsList, but you have less exposure and probably won't get as much. Your last option is probably BrickLink, which is one of the biggest LEGO-only selling/buying marketplaces. It's a great site, but as I said previously, it's hard to start out from scratch.

Hello

very new to the investing world of legos, although i have always loved to build and play with them. I always try and get my wife to buy them for my kids, when inside my head i know ill be playing with them lol. Any way just wondering about bulk legos and were you mite be able to sell them once you buy them. I have a friend who wants to get rid of tubs and tubs of legos for cheap.Thanks for your time.

Craigslist is a really good one if there is a local market for it. There are a lot of people that will drive over and pick them up pretty quickly for a reasonable price.

I have been thinking of starting to become a serious seller and acually try and make some side cash with this business. Is it possible to make money doing this? How much money can you make, just a general idea compared to how much time it takes? Im not talking about just bulk either Im talking mainly buying and selling short term for a profit.

Thanks for the quick replys every one is very helpful and friendly.

I have been thinking of starting to become a serious seller and acually try and make some side cash with this business. Is it possible to make money doing this? How much money can you make, just a general idea compared to how much time it takes? Im not talking about just bulk either Im talking mainly buying and selling short term for a profit.

Thanks for the quick replys every one is very helpful and friendly.

It is possible to make money. That's sort of what the point of this whole website is...

One of my favorite examples is the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon. It retailed for a hefty $499.99, but is worth $2622!

Your "How much money can you make" question is pretty vague, so my answer is going to be very vague. It depends on what sets you buy, for how long you hold them, and how much you buy them for. If you make good investments and sell them at peak times, then you make more than you would have buying flopper sets. 

I'm a little confused on your question of "how much time it takes". Do you mean buying sets, listing them, or waiting for them to appreciate? 

Lastly, short term selling means that you have to buy at really good prices, generally more than 30% off, and there are really only 2 times during the year when you can buy a lot of sets: After Christmas clearance and Summer Clearance. I think there is generally more risk, and it takes way more capital to turn your investment into profit in the short term to make your effort worthwhile.