Free Lego...lol

JoshTX

Ha! It's like someone's hunting Lego enthusiasts. "ohhh, free lego!" BANG!

I got a good chuckle out of the second picture that shows the little bin of Lego sitting there next to the ginormous garbage dumpster.

I don't know much about those Mindstorm sets, but whichever random passerby decides to pick that up will have a nice little free lot of spare parts, I suppose.

Looks like a trap. Make sure there isn't also a box and a stick with a string attached.

The local climate over here is teeming with collectors/investors. I suspect there are many austinites frequenting this site that are choosing to lurk and get as much as they can whenever they can without sharing any helpful info. For a city this large and this lego-crazed, it's ridiculous that I'm basically the only one here from this city. Especially considering whenever even a semi-decent Lego deal pops up on CL it's gone within the span of an hour.  

It sounds far-fetched, but who knows. I actually wouldn't be surprised if one of these silent lurkers threw this set out there as a sort of "litmus test" to see how many people would respond.

It sounds far-fetched, but who knows. I actually wouldn't be surprised if one of these silent lurkers threw this set out there as a sort of "litmus test" to see how many people would respond.

It sounds like YOU need to set a trap! And then hide nearby with a pair of binoculars. It'll be an effective way to get those lurkers to come out of the woodwork!

It sounds like YOU need to set a trap! And then hide nearby with a pair of binoculars. It'll be an effective way to get those lurkers to come out of the woodwork!

How do you know this one isn't mine? Ha ha.

But in all seriousness, I'm amazed at how cutthroat it has become around here. I've gotten in the habit of talking to people about Lego here and there, and all I hear is evidence of investors in my area, alot of them.

I was lucky enough to score a bulk lot in one of those goodwill silent auctions a few months back, and when I went in to pay my 30 dollars for the lot, the cashier lady creepily leaned over and whispered in my ear "I know your'e gonna make some money off that, aren't ya!" I didn't even prompt her or anything, she just said that matter-of-factly. I knew at that point the writing was on the wall, cat's out of the bag, the good days of casually grabbing lego off CL or waiting for stuff to be clearanced was officially over. Lego flipping/investing is no secret here, and it's only going to get worse.