LEGO S@H "Black Listing": Did you ever receive this re-sale warning from Shop at Home?

Deez_Brickz

What is 'drop ship'? Last time I heard that was when I'd play MechWarrior on the PC.

A thief who poses as an eBay seller will use a stolen credit card to send a LEGO set(or any item) to an eBay buyer. The buyer gets the set, thinking nothing is wrong. The crooked seller does this numerous times to make a large profit off of the PayPal proceeds.

• 1 month later...

Ok now I'm freaked out. Im a noob and wanted to make my very first "big" purchase next month during double points month. I was gonna buy 4 HHs and 4 TBs both 1 shy of the 5 limit. Now I'm reconsidering. Any advice from the pros??? As much as I'd like the points which amount to a 10% discount I'd rather play it safe and just buy 2 each and find the rest elsewhere. Some background info on my ordering history, I've never ordered doubles of anything except lately I ordered 2 FB on separate orders so I could get two VW minis. Any info is appreciated!!!

Ok now I'm freaked out. Im a noob and wanted to make my very first "big" purchase next month during double points month. I was gonna buy 4 HHs and 4 TBs both 1 shy of the 5 limit. Now I'm reconsidering. Any advice from the pros??? As much as I'd like the points which amount to a 10% discount I'd rather play it safe and just buy 2 each and find the rest elsewhere. Some background info on my ordering history, I've never ordered doubles of anything except lately I ordered 2 FB on separate orders so I could get two VW minis. Any info is appreciated!!!

No one knows unfortunately. I would THINK that just conforming to their buying limits would make everything fine. But I am obviously not sure of that as I have no insight.

Most of the people that have been banned have bought things in large quantities continuously. I wouldn't order them all in the same order - but over the course of the month, probably not too bad.

I really think it could be one of those things where if you draw their attention, they go through all your orders.

Yeah, what I think is that the guys who are ordering the max limit on say an HH then turning around and placing another order on the same thing for the max, those are the ones getting flagged, but it makes sense to me that if you stick to the limits they've posted then you shouldnt get flagged. However, I think what you suggested is a good idea. I'll just order one of each, once a week until I have my four (of course I'll sprinkle in a SSD here and VW there). Seems like unnecessary work but sometimes being 'noid is a good thing. Just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you lol. Thanks bud!!! 

• Like 1

** Update ** I really wanted the min VW to place next to its big brother on my shelf. I am an hour away from a store and rarely go in that direction. I thought I would try to place an order just to see what happened. Lo and behold, it accepted my payment and took me all the way through the check out process. This leads me to believe that the "ban" has been lifted, but I do not see it in my Orders yet and have not received an e-mail, so time will tell. I used a gift card for the purchase and the balance has changed to reflect today's purchase. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

** Update ** I really wanted the min VW to place next to its big brother on my shelf. I am an hour away from a store and rarely go in that direction. I thought I would try to place an order just to see what happened. Lo and behold, it accepted my payment and took me all the way through the check out process. This leads me to believe that the "ban" has been lifted, but I do not see it in my Orders yet and have not received an e-mail, so time will tell. I used a gift card for the purchase and the balance has changed to reflect today's purchase. Fingers crossed!

I hope it goes through.

Break those up over the course of the month and don't submit the same exact order within a few minutes.  Those gets picked up by the algo and will think it's a duped order and sent in for human intervention.  Examples would be to add a small price item to each order so it doesn't look blatant.

My purchase now shows on my Orders screen, but it is blank under the status. Anyone ever seen this? Also, I still have not received a confirmation e-mail. Weird...

Yes, I had this happen once. I had to call customer service because the order got lost in their system. I almost think it might be in your best interest to give them a call and see what they say when they see your account anyway.

I am afraid to call them because I do not want to interrupt any "glitch" that is allowing me to place orders. However, if the order never gets processed, I guess it really doesn't matter. I will give them the weekend and call on Monday if nothing has changed. I was wondering if they could have released to ban temporarily to see what I would order before making a second decision. Probably quite a stretch.

My purchase now shows on my Orders screen, but it is blank under the status. Anyone ever seen this? Also, I still have not received a confirmation e-mail. Weird...

Same thing happened to me.  It got cancelled after a few days and I got a resend of the original email that I got in the first post of this thread. I still have not made it down to my nearest store to try and buy something since it is 40 miles away and rarely worth the trip there.

Have you bought a lot of multiples, especially exclusives?

Change your MAC address, or use a differnt device, use hidemyass or other proxy server, and ship to a friends house--using a different card.  That covers all their possible blocks.  Or just have a friend or family member order whatever you want.  I have both lined up ready to help me for the next wave of crawlers.

Change your MAC address, or use a differnt device, use hidemyass or other proxy server, and ship to a friends house--using a different card.  That covers all their possible blocks.  Or just have a friend or family member order whatever you want.  I have both lined up ready to help me for the next wave of crawlers.

I will be surprised if another wave of crawlers comes out.  We might see another, but it won't be big, and I doubt that we will have much of an opportunity to buy them because it will be during the Christmas shopping season.

• 2 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2013 at 3:15 PM, Deez_Brickz said:

I just received this warning email from Shop at Home.  I guess they don't like my business of 50x DC Funhouse and the like.  Should I be worried and/or change any buying habits/practices?  If banned does a new credit card do the trick?  How do they know that my kids don't have a ton of friends and the Funhouse is our go to standard birthday gift?  LOL

copy/paste from email below:

Hello,

In an  effort to reinforce existing LEGO policies, I am sending this message to you.

The LEGO Shop sells and ships products to end-user consumers only. You may not purchase LEGO products for resale via the shop.LEGO.com site or LEGO Brand Retail Stores.

We reserve the right to cancel or suspend your order for further investigation if we suspect it is being used for resale.

If you represent a retail business and are interested in purchasing LEGO products for resale, please contact our Independent Toy Dealers department to discuss our reseller requirements by calling 1-800-673-0360, or email [email protected].

Yes, they try to figure what your business is with the purchases, they've done the same to me and it is extremely upsetting.  In fact they are almost crossing the line from a legal standpoint.   All you'll get is the same messages, if you use the same computer with the IP address, regardless as to  what the mailing address and card you used is.  Really Sad!!

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2013 at 1:14 PM, willy431 said:

Yes, they do use the IP because I changed the card and shipping address and still got their generic email about not selling to resellers.

9 hours ago, gatorsrock09 said:

Yes, they try to figure what your business is with the purchases, they've done the same to me and it is extremely upsetting.  In fact they are almost crossing the line from a legal standpoint.   All you'll get is the same messages, if you use the same computer with the IP address, regardless as to  what the mailing address and card you used is.  Really Sad!!

Welcome to the club! And welcome to Brickpicker!

Please see this thread, as it is more recent: