Remaking Market Street

17coyote

Has anyone remade market street by buying the pieces and using the online instructions?  Its 1200 some odd pieces just wanted to know what was the ballpark price you paid for the pieces?  How many different places did you go to buy the pieces?  How hard was it to find the pieces?  This would be my first time doing this.  The original is just too costly and you could add your own twist of color to it.  Any other advice would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help and input.

Has anyone remade market street by buying the pieces and using the online instructions?  Its 1200 some odd pieces just wanted to know what was the ballpark price you paid for the pieces?  How many different places did you go to buy the pieces?  How hard was it to find the pieces?  This would be my first time doing this.  The original is just too costly and you could add your own twist of color to it.  Any other advice would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help and input.

On the product page for it on BrickPicker, hit the "rebrickable" link right under the picture. This will show you what vendors have the most of its parts and give you a good ballpark for what you will have to pay to do it.

If you're going to do it with original pieces, it can be a bit costly, as there are some out of production pieces, such as the white hoses.  The dark blue arches were out of production, but they are in the upcoming Winter Village Market set, so that Bricklink price will go way down, making builders of Market Street and Cafe Corner very happy, as they have been running several dollars each.

Medium blue pieces aren't cheap either, as they are an uncommon color used.  For the most part, I would think it would cost a few hundred to Bricklink this set.  Instructions can be found many places, buying originals will cost you more than $100.

it will be a rewarding yet painful and still expensive experience.  Not sure how much used sets are going for...

I just built it last week.  Most of the pieces I used aren't original color though, such as dark blue bricks/archs and white hose.  I replaced them with regular blue and light gray hose instead.  Since I am not reselling it, it's just for my own display, so I am pretty happy with the result.  I think the most expensive pieces are the glass door for the 2nd/3rd story.

I just built it last week.  Most of the pieces I used aren't original color though, such as dark blue bricks/archs and white hose.  I replaced them with regular blue and light gray hose instead.  Since I am not reselling it, it's just for my own display, so I am pretty happy with the result.  I think the most expensive pieces are the glass door for the 2nd/3rd story.

can you post a few pics?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

we are waiting for the last 4 pieces, (from bricklink ordering exclusively) to complete market street.  I would say it ran about $300 maybe more but I also picked up some minifigs.   No more then 20 orders and with BL's wanted list it was easy and no repeats on parts.   All in all worth the time.

we are waiting for the last 4 pieces, (from bricklink ordering exclusively) to complete market street.  I would say it ran about $300 maybe more but I also picked up some minifigs.   No more then 20 orders and with BL's wanted list it was easy and no repeats on parts.   All in all worth the time.

$300 is an awesome price.  Are all parts original with no substitutes?

No more then 20 orders and with BL's wanted list it was easy and no repeats on parts.  

that is the key when using bricklink.  minimize the # of orders (shipping costs) and limit the errors.  when i use the web site to complete incomplete sets purchased, I try to act like Adrien Monk.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

didn't look on the p.a.b. wall but now that I think of it they may have the side walk tiles.  may as well check just bring a small inventory list.  And the woman has declared we're doing GG next. 

crazyhouse and kenchu did you trying picking up any of the pieces from the pick a brick wall at the lego store.  I think that may be my first stop.

Anyone ever attempt cafe corner?

Thanks for everyones input.

Yes, this is pretty much what my strategy is.  But I only pick small pieces from the wall to get the best values I could within small buckets, such as tiles, window glasses, 1 x 2, 1x 3, and 1x 4 bricks, and any other small modification pieces.   One thing I did in the past is I bidded on Lego pieces by pounds on ebay.   I am surprised how many special (and expensive) pieces I got that way, maybe I was just lucky.