20% off The Hobbit & LOTR at TRU

seapotato

Amazon UK has an even better deal on Helm's Deep right now. I just ordered it the other night. Nothing TOO amazing if you compare to USD pricing, but at least it's not Canadian retail price!

yeah, keep hearing/seeing UK deals from members...tempting but I'm just too chicken to pull the trigger at this point haha.  I'm not making as much profit as other CAN investors/members because I just buy domestically.  Because of some box damage I got 3 Helms Deep from Amazon for $98 CAN each which is pretty good I thought.  I normally just take advantage when there's actually decent sales 30%-60%, clearance, promo's, price errors etc. to avoid the CAN retail prices.  When I first started back in March I thought 20% was AMAZING lol.     

$114 is very good and a lot cheaper than any current CAN price.  Eventhough I like the Helms Deep set so much I couldn't bring myself to pay $169.99 + 13% taxes...patiently waited for ANY discount off CAN price and luckily another Canadian member posted their Amazon.ca deals. 

For some sets like Arkham...Haunted House...just getting 20% off is pretty good since they don't go on sale often. 

ph4tb0i LOVES the UK amazon site haha...don't blame him/others since the discounts are really nice when there's a sale.

Guest eightbrick

definitely no. it retails for 39.99 on lego shop at home. get it there and at least you get vip points

This is a Canadian thread, in Canada it retails for 49.99, so it is a better deal than LEGO Shop at Home, but I agree, at that price you won't be able to compete in the aftermarket.

Unexpected Gathering at $72? (Includes taxes). I`m leaning toward no, but am also seeing a potential double for this a couple years down the road. May wait till the next sales comes around (should be lots of time) but what do others think?

Didn't realize that TRU exclusives could also be found at LEGO Shop at Home!

Yes, there are very few exclusive sets that cannot be found at LEGO Shop at Home, and those exclusives usually being polybags that other retailers give with certain offers. It wouldn't be good for LEGO Shop at Home to not have a set that every other store does! I guess they kind of did that for some of the non-exclusive polybags though. 

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever gotten a non-exclusive polybag from LEGO Shop at Home? I mean one like the TIE Fighter or something.