What do your displays/collections look like?

hreed1985

Okay - here is the collection.  There are a bunch of Friends, Princess, & Space sets destroyed on the Lego table because my four year old prefers her own creations despite what the six year old says.  I'm running low on space, so most sets are in my office at home, but some are at the office at work.  I work in a school, so it makes good conversation with my middle school kids.  This also doesn't count the bunch in storage in the closets.  Forewarned many pics to follow! :derisive:  Enjoy!

Fantastic pictures! I especially like what you did with the corner shelving. Just out of curiousity, for your Tower Bridge overhanging the edge of the shelf, have you found the blue baseplate to bend or sag as a result of not being firmly placed on a surface?

Fantastic pictures! I especially like what you did with the corner shelving. Just out of curiousity, for your Tower Bridge overhanging the edge of the shelf, have you found the blue baseplate to bend or sag as a result of not being firmly placed on a surface?

I haven't had any problems yet, and it's been displayed like that for almost a year.  It's only a few inches on either side plus the "cable" parts serve as a nice cantilever.  . 

• Like 1

Okay - here is the collection. There are a bunch of Friends, Princess, & Space sets destroyed on the Lego table because my four year old prefers her own creations despite what the six year old says. I'm running low on space, so most sets are in my office at home, but some are at the office at work. I work in a school, so it makes good conversation with my middle school kids. This also doesn't count the bunch in storage in the closets. Forewarned many pics to follow! :derisive: Enjoy!

I like how you display Starscream :)

Okay - here is the collection.  There are a bunch of Friends, Princess, & Space sets destroyed on the Lego table because my four year old prefers her own creations despite what the six year old says.  I'm running low on space, so most sets are in my office at home, but some are at the office at work.  I work in a school, so it makes good conversation with my middle school kids.  This also doesn't count the bunch in storage in the closets.  Forewarned many pics to follow! :derisive:  Enjoy!

Wow! Marvelous collection! I am especially jealous of your Eiffel Tower and the Imperial Shuttle. Keep it up!

Very cool collection!

I need a photo but... We collect books, and on the top shelf we have a row of leather bound books (highly recommended- check out the Barnes and Noble leather bound collection- $20-$25 each, great classics, and display very nicely) with Queen Anne's Revenge and The Black Pearl as book ends- masts hanging out over the shelving. Guests are always surprised to learn the ships are Legos.

• 2 months later...

I bought some coloured LED lights from Amazon but as I am not happy with the strobe effect, my girlfriend decided that we could string Christmas lights through some modular buildings (instead of putting the buildings away for the winter) so we grabbed one white light string and 5.5 of our buildings - just enough for one string of lights.

The method and results are as follows:

The light string enters at the top floor of the fire brigade and continues to the top floor of the pet shop

From the top floor of the pet shop to the middle floor of the brownstone apartment building

From the middle of the apartment building to the middle of the Cafe Corner, then a lot of lights get used in the middle and upper floor of the CC.

The string leaves the upper floor of the CC to the upper floor of the Green Grocer but by keeping it only in the upper floor, the GG loses lighting (Rave opportunity)

After leaving the top of the GG, the string goes through the Market Street patio door and down to the middle of the first floor so that it may enter the bottom floor of the Grand Emporium and spiral up the walls, ending at the chandelier.

I removed 1-6 pieces per building depending on where I entered and exited the respective buildings. Currently, she is experimenting with "outside Christmas lights" and you can see the first result in the later pictures.

For added colour, I can add a rave room to the Green Grocer and the Apartment building :D

Enjoy!

post-30305-0-33194500-1417674849_thumb.j

post-30305-0-36967800-1417674860_thumb.j

post-30305-0-65453200-1417674871_thumb.j

post-30305-0-72626600-1417674881_thumb.j

• Like 6

Nice! :) I'm currently trying my hand at Lifelites for the first time and it's frustrating to incorporate them without any visible holes or changes!

I can't put my modulars on the floor around my tree cause my cat will chew them all up! :o they are banished to the bookshelves sadly...

Edited by PurpleSnurple

• 4 weeks later...

I have many more sets in my closet built and displayed but this is what I have on my desk and the shelf to the left of where I sit. I love the view!

be careful infront the window ive heard sunlight stains the bricks

Sunlight causes most of the color on parts to fade over time under prolonged exposure except for white bricks which get discolored looking 'dirty' or badly bleached. It would be good to either have simple curtains or go for some window films such as Artscape as they block out practically all of the harmful ultraviolet rays from outside. I got mine from Home Depot around the linoleum tiling I think.

Good to know! This window doesn't get direct sunlight but I will look for a new place to display them.

If you get something for the window that either blocks or filters ultraviolet rays from the sun then anything in the vicinity of it should be fine. I have wall shelves with trinkets on display around a window in my room using a window film for years and nothing damaged. I did have to recently replace the film because it 'dried out' I guess but that was after a very long time from the original application.

• 4 months later...

I few months back, a BP member (sorry, can't remember the name) posted pictures of their cool modular display and really inspired me create a little nieghbourhood too.  I'm missing the original 3 modulars but so are a lot of folks haha.  Still needs more detail and trees especially one between the PS and DO.  Creating a mini/half wall around the park would add some dimension too.    

The park in the middle (2 green plates) can be interchanged for different themes like Halloween, winter, Superheroes...G20 protest/riot etc.    

There's a lot of options/combinations to display the buildings, but given the dimensions of my table I'm happy with my first attempt.  Would like to add a second table to create a suburban section or theme park with the Ferris Wheel...maybe try to incorporate a train/rail system somehow too.  Fun projects to think about for the future.  

*special thanks to Sandwraithx157 for sourcing some 'sidewalk' tiles for me.  I actually ran out of the large tiles so had to create a construction scene.

Very cool... Really makes me want to do something similar, but no room :(

Love the sidewalk construction bit haha. I bet if you pulled everything forward to the edge of the table you could fit the Ferris Wheel behind the GE/PR :)