What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I don't think so.  Two years out for retirement.  There's a lot of Costco stuff that has taken awhile to appreciate.  Lot of storage and funds tied up in the meantime.

"If" I had the room I may have gone in but this has been a big buying season and my warehouse is pretty maxed out.

yea i agree. i bought out the dreamzzz stablezzz which i thought was a sick buy at $20, 75% off, but they are big boxes and only going for $50 on amazon so after large FBA fees, i probably only made 10$ each. They did sell insanely fast tho. 30 in 1.5 hours

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

yea i agree. i bought out the dreamzzz stablezzz which i thought was a sick buy at $20, 75% off, but they are big boxes and only going for $50 on amazon so after large FBA fees, i probably only made 10$ each. They did sell insanely fast tho. 30 in 1.5 hours

hey, nothing wrong with a quick flip!  I considered it with some of the stuff but I'm not really geared up for that.  

Just now, gmpirate said:

hey, nothing wrong with a quick flip!  I considered it with some of the stuff but I'm not really geared up for that.  

yeah if it was easy, took 3 hours and llots of funny looks, not worth it to me. 

gunna swing by the costco anyways just in case its the friends thats in stock. that seems to sell for more and isnt gated. altho i suspect it will be the main street, it seems to be more in stock based on shoshial medial

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

yeah if it was easy, took 3 hours and llots of funny looks, not worth it to me. 

gunna swing by the costco anyways just in case its the friends thats in stock. that seems to sell for more and isnt gated. altho i suspect it will be the main street, it seems to be more in stock based on shoshial medial

Looks are kinda funny to think about.  I feel these people looking at me and them wanting to say something "funny" but I never even look their way. You can tell they are just on the edge of making some comment if they could just make eye contact, lol.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Looks are kinda funny to think about.  I feel these people looking at me and them wanting to say something "funny" but I never even look their way. You can tell they are just on the edge of making some comment if they could just make eye contact, lol.

Exactly! I whipped out my phone while waiting online and did not alter my gaze for a second. I heard kids talking to their parents etc...

18 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Exactly! I whipped out my phone while waiting online and did not alter my gaze for a second. I heard kids talking to their parents etc...

Headphones are a perfect way to avoid unwanted interactions after you've had to respond to the same "wow, that's a lot of LEGO" comment for the millionth time.

• Haha 1

I did NOT buy any of the several January 1st Sets Walmart Employees were FRANTICALLY pulling OFF the shelves when I was in a store yesterday afternoon. lol. Bunch of space stuff, some Friends stuff, couple Minecraft sets... Was pretty funny to see in real time action though. Not sure how I feel about the new boxes, but I think I like them.