The five words you don't want to hear...

So yesterday my wife and I were moving around our sets as we have guests coming into the house on Friday (let's face it, we all would think it'd be cool to have a closet full of kick-ass Lego sets but some people would like to hang their clothes and whatever, losers) and I heard the five words no collector wants to hear ever: we are out of space. My apartment is not big nor small, but I've done my share to fill it with Lego sets. They are basically everywhere: kitchen cabinets, guest room's closet, my closet, wife's closet, you name it. I think I'll have to rent a storage room in the building as I don't think that this will go away anytime soon. On a side note, and something that almost brought a tear to my eye yesterday while moving the sets, my 10185 Green Grocer has a crease on the left corner of the front. If I remember correctly, I had stored once in a horizontal position and placed some other sets on top of it. Big mistake. Now I have created a storing procedure where I'll store all the sets in a vertical position hoping to distribute all the set's weight evenly. Is this dreaded crease a huge loss of value? A few bucks?

I am sure that Jeff or Ed will know the answer about the crease, I do not. I did want to say that I will be in the same boat as far is space is concerned. I am looking into storage units and I will definately be getting a climate controlled unit, I suggest you do the same. It will cost you more but will protect your investments!!!

Creases on a Green Grocer are not a big deal. Used and new prices are very close and your box is still sealed and in good condition. It might not sell to some super anal collector, but a lot of people just want that set to build it and will pay $600+ for that set, even with the crease. I would. LEGO storage is difficult and the worst part of LEGO investing IMO.

Ed is right. That crease is not that big of a deal unless the buyer is super picky. I know the pain you going through I like all my sets to be in mint condition...especially my top money making sets. But like Ed says if it's some who wants it to build, that crease is not a big deal. Now STOP stacking them flat buddy!!!! Stack them like books is the best way to me. Unless u have room to put them all in boxes.

A crease on such a big set is unavoidable and most buyers would understand. I don't see it influencing the value what so ever. Most of these exclusive sets LEGO use the softer cardboard so it is next to impossible to keep it mint. When you get them from LEGO most if not all already come with creases. Even the ones in the stores have creases from sitting on the shelf for too long and being handled by few hundred people. The best way to store these is in their own card board box. The biggest box you get from LEGO are perfect for these exclusive sets. What you do is cut them down to size and store each with the bubble packs that LEGO uses for added protection. You can stack as many as 5 or 6 high either way and they will be nice and safe.