So what are your opinions on Amazon Prime?

On a scale of shamwow to sliced bread.....I'm going to rate it a George foreman grill. It's great for streaming with a roku, you get freebies now and then....credits just show up in account..free loaner books on kindle...free apps for kindle fire....free 2 day shipping on most items....for 6 bucks a month...and cancel anytime receiving a credit back....

Ok. Sliced bread. I am a huge amazon fan...and shareholder. I started using it back in 99 for books...and us it for at least 60% of our family monthly spend. Even food from warehouse deals.

On a scale of shamwow to sliced bread.....I'm going to rate it a George foreman grill. It's great for streaming with a roku, you get freebies now and then....credits just show up in account..free loaner books on kindle...free apps for kindle fire....free 2 day shipping on most items....for 6 bucks a month...and cancel anytime receiving a credit back....

Ok. Sliced bread. I am a huge amazon fan...and shareholder. I started using it back in 99 for books...and us it for at least 60% of our family monthly spend. Even food from warehouse deals.

So your saying Billy Mays would endorse it (god rest his soul)?

I signed up for another free trial so Im gonna give it a go. With the Amazon card it does make shoppin there more appealing.

I love the service but recently noticed a couple of small annoyances:

Smaller items I used to buy are now "add ons" and can't be shipped standalone.

The lending library only works on kindle devices and only with the primary account. (I have the iPad and my wife has the kindle)

Subscribe and save items don't ship at the 2 day speed.

Just a few small quirks I didn't find out about until later. In general the shipping is awesome, I've even seen some items get delivered next day (I think there is a distribution center nearby).

I love the service but recently noticed a couple of small annoyances:

Smaller items I used to buy are now "add ons" and can't be shipped standalone.

The lending library only works on kindle devices and only with the primary account. (I have the iPad and my wife has the kindle)

Subscribe and save items don't ship at the 2 day speed.

Just a few small quirks I didn't find out about until later. In general the shipping is awesome, I've even seen some items get delivered next day (I think there is a distribution center nearby).

The subscribe and save thing is an awesome point - didn't know that. I buy a lot of household stuff from Amazon and use this.

However, I don't necessarily always need it quickly.

I love it. Don't forget - those times where you need something right away - I don't know, like ink for your printer, a battery for your wife's fancy watch, or a birthday gift for someone, you get next day shipping for $4.99 per item and don't have to leave the house/ stop on the way home from work, whatever. I think if your serious about Lego collecting or investing, it's a must have service. If you order more than 2-3 items a month (anything), no-brainier. Also, perhaps I've been luckier than some, but I've only received 2 damaged boxes since I've had prime

We use Amazon Prime, there are probably around eight to twelve times a year I really want something in two days. The streaming videos we don't use much as the selection is pretty bland and old. The books we download a lot and it works both on our Kindle and on my Android phone. I don't play games much anymore on my phone when I am waiting for someone or something, it is almost all reading books now and I love that!

We use Amazon Prime, there are probably around eight to twelve times a year I really want something in two days. The streaming videos we don't use much as the selection is pretty bland and old. The books we download a lot and it works both on our Kindle and on my Android phone. I don't play games much anymore on my phone when I am waiting for someone or something, it is almost all reading books now and I love that!

So are the books just certain books that are free all the time, or do they switch around? Like Netflix for books? Or just cheaper?

In the UK, Amazon Prime gives free next day delivery, but no free streaming service.  I've had the Prime subscription since January and do recommend it for the next-day shipping.  The amount of times I've noticed something we need at home and just ordered from Amazon to have it arrive at work next day is quite a few.

I wouldn't mind a delayed shipping option though, right now.  So I can buy the Lego and have them hold it for a year til it's worth more money and then ship to me. :)  Or just hold it for 5 weeks until I've moved into my new house with more space!

Amazon Prime is a fantastic service.  Really a must have in my opinion.  I do get the student rate, which is around $40.  But to receive free two day shipping makes for a fantastic opportunity.  I order all of my sets individually now, and because of it I get the appropriate sized boxes, instead of the gigantic ones that I will never use in my entire life.  This helps for reshipping.

Plus you get streaming, which for those who don't use it, I highly recommend it.  Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Dr. Who, The Avengers, etc.