IT'S PARTY TIME!

HOORAY!!  i just sold my last Portal of Atlantis set from the Atlantis line. i think I may throw a party! i can finally wash my hands of that dog of a theme. it was quite a blemish on my brickfolio. i was sitting on six of those bad boys and it took almost two years to find six buyers. i wound up making about $20 each after costs. thankfully my entry point was low. good riddance!

• Like 2

HOORAY!!  i just sold my last Portal of Atlantis set from the Atlantis line. i think I may throw a party! i can finally wash my hands of that dog of a theme. it was quite a blemish on my brickfolio. i was sitting on six of those bad boys and it took almost two years to find six buyers. i wound up making about $20 each after costs. thankfully my entry point was low. good riddance!

Congratulations!!!!

I listed a 7985 two nights ago. It was missing a figure and the sub and it sold within 24 hours for $60. I thought that was pretty amazing considering the suckiness of this theme. Though the column pieces for the City would be great for some Greek architecture.

I listed a 7985 two nights ago. It was missing a figure and the sub and it sold within 24 hours for $60. I thought that was pretty amazing considering the suckiness of this theme. Though the column pieces for the City would be great for some Greek architecture.

wow! that is pretty amazing. maybe somebody just wanted it for parts. like you mentioned, it does have some unique pieces. congrats as well.

Congratulation on a job well done. I still have 8 of the Disney's Construct-a-Zurg sets. Any Lego reseller will tell you how bad that decision was. Luckily my excuse is that I was a newbie at that time. Still waiting for that buyer ... to come forward.

I'm impressed that you managed to scrape and average of $20 profit off each set.  I know you had to sit on them for quite a while, but a profit is still a heck of a lot better than a loss on each set.  A good reminder that entry price point is they key - if it is low enough, you can still break even or scrape by even if the theme tanks.

Congratulation on a job well done. I still have 8 of the Disney's Construct-a-Zurg sets. Any Lego reseller will tell you how bad that decision was. Luckily my excuse is that I was a newbie at that time. Still waiting for that buyer ... to come forward.

I gave all mine away as birthday presents :)

At least they were cheap!!!

I love reading threads like this though, it always makes us see how fun our hobby/investments are.

maybe in another 1.5yrs I can post something like this for my 4 Anakin Podracers lol.  Might take longer :(  Guess I have to sit on it for a LONG time...I have space for it so don't need to do a 'clearance' sale to break even yet.  At worse b-day gifts for nephews :)