Favorite Brickfilms

TheOrcKing

On 10/20/2015 at 6:13 AM, TheOrcKing said:

Here is a commercial from 1994 for the Space themes, Spyrius and Unitron. Interesting how the presentation doesn't feel to be making Spyrius the bad guys here. Actually the bit of narration in a low tone "The Unitrons are preparing for a secret mission" makes Unitron sound like the vigilantes instead. Course I never exactly did get the "who's who" with LEGO's promos aside from Blacktron was bad, UFO came for a visit, and Insectoids wanted to assimilate everyone for some reason. I don't know, not like it ever made much sense anyway between what was shown on TV, in the catalogues, and the Mania magazine all going in whatever direction they felt like at the moment. I always thought of Spyrius as a 'gray area' team being neither bad nor good. They were space spies basically.

Wow, this commerical!! Thank you for this.  Loved the narration.  'No, not me you big clumsy monster!'

needless to say, on a serious space kick at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Wow, this commerical!! Thank you for this.  Loved the narration.  'No, not me you big clumsy monster!'

Blast from the past of the past! Haha. I forgot I found that and in good quality too. Usually the quality is like a low-grade VHS tossed in a barn then unearthed from a zombie apocalypse after the great clan wars in space. ....But despite the quality, at least they are there to be found in the first place like an archive.

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

needless to say, on a serious space kick at the moment.

I've kind of noticed. Haha. For real though, Space was my jam growing up. All the different themes were fun but to me, Space felt to have the most imagination behind it with Castle coming in second. (This excluding the occasional odd lines such as Alpha Team or Timespinners.)

• Like 1