6754 - Family Home

sadowsk1

Guest eightbrick

The description is even better. He first describes how the set's awesomeness is responsible for the death of one of his neighbour's kids and the injury of another and then finishes off by saying all proceeds will go to a soon to be homeless man (him). Interesting, I wonder if he was trying to laugh people into clicking the bid button. Thanks for sharing.

Pretty slick. Shame that if you tried to use it as a selling strategy across the board, it would both tire your poor fingers out and make each successive auction less impacting, which was the point of going over the top in the first place.

Still, very funny. Best auction description I've seen in awhile.

**WARNING** Offensive language. Parental discretion is advised.

Reminded me of this article my girlfriend read to me from GIzmodo.

"So much fun, that when I carried the box into my house and the neighbor's kids saw it, their heads exploded!  One was pronounced dead at the scene, while another two are now recovering, thanks to the miracle of modern medical science.  (Don't worry, the one that passed away was the least favorite one anyways)." That's great! If only there were more of these... He would just get my bid because of the description!

He would just get my bid because of the description!

And therein lies the brilliance of it all.

Reminded me of this article my girlfriend read to me from GIzmodo.

That seriously has to be the best f**king ad I have ever f**king read in my entire f**king life.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a store that has two of these on the shelf for $60. I see they sell periodically for around $100. It doesn't look like they sell to often though. I am not sure if that is because sellers are trying to get too much or if the popularity just isn't there. If I buy these and list them on eBay for $90 each + shipping, anyone have a realistic idea of how long it would probably take to sell?

Thanks.

It looks like a good deal, and I would buy them, but I am not sure how long it would take to sell them. If I was selling them, I would wait until the holidays in December and sell the sets then. In December there are a lot of sets sold so it would not take a long time for the sets to sell. 

• 4 months later...