Any 4th of July Sales?

To my limited knowledge of LEGO deals, there generally are no "really good deals" on the 4th of July. We might get a 25% off deal or two, but nothing as special as a 50% B-Wing. Also, right after July 4th, we (many members) are expecting the Summer clearance to start, where retailers have aisles full of retiring LEGO sets in their stores. That's probably as good as it will get, though the clearance aisle might be a little sparce tomorrow. Just wait a little longer, and you will see 30+% off!

Probably depends on the market/region you are in. In some areas, you can wait for a depper clearance to take effect, while in others, you either buy what has been clearanced or don't buy it and someone else does long before it would've gotten marked down further.  

• Like 1

Probably depends on the market/region you are in. In some areas, you can wait for a depper clearance to take effect, while in others, you either buy what has been clearanced or don't buy it and someone else does long before it would've gotten marked down further.  

I agree. If you keep the receipt, you can return any item for what you paid for so sometimes it is better to buy something at a good sale instead of wishing for an even better one which may not happen or, like you said, someone else might beat you to it.

Just wondering, did anyone find anything on sale for 4th of July at all? I'm not talking about just Lego, I mean anything! Not a single retailer around me had any item remotely on sale (not even fireworks). How was your experience? Even if someone managed to buy toothpaste on sale because of July 4th, I would like to hear about. Otherwise, there was no 4th of July sales unless all of it was only online.

Kmart is doing their 50% off clearance again through the 7th or 8th. They just did this not long ago with Memorial Day weekend.

Those of you who missed out on the first sale might have luck on this one. I hear people got all sorts of good deals on LOTR Uruk-Hai Army/Weathertop/Shelob/Gandalf, Hobbit Wargs, etc. I also heard someone got an Olivia's House for $19.00, which blew my mind. I've wanted one for my daughter to build badly, but I'm not shelling $74.00 in my market....

My Kmarts are decrepit, unkempt little life-sucking sorrow magnets. I found nothing of note or worth at any of them for either of these sales.

My Kmarts are decrepit, unkempt little life-sucking sorrow magnets. I found nothing of note or worth at any of them for either of these sales.

As negative as that sounds, I would have to agree. There is one Big K around me and it sucks like nothing has every sucked before. Those of you who can find deals of worth at your nearest Kmart, consider yourself very lucky.

I went to one the other day in my town. 4 Lego sets. 4... I hope they go out of business.

Unfortunately they're tied to Sears. I think both would have to fall for Kmart to disappear. Until then, it'll be something I only visit during a half off clearance, as once in every other blue moon I'll find a deal worth taking, which is still a reason to go, unfortunately.