Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching Spider-Man: Homecoming. Great flick! It might be one of my favorites of the MCU films.

I’ve got Thor: Rag to watch next. Getting ready for Avengers next weekend and I fell behind on films (already got GOTG2, Doctor Strange and Black Panther watched). These were the last two I needed to see.

Finally got around to watching Spider-Man: Homecoming. Great flick! It might be one of my favorites of the MCU films.

I’ve got Thor: Rag to watch next. Getting ready for Avengers next weekend and I fell behind on films (already got GOTG2, Doctor Strange and Black Panther watched). These were the last two I needed to see.

You saved two great ones for last.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I binge watched Cobra Kai (ie Karate Kid the series) over the weekend.  This is how sequel/spin off should be done, WITH RESPECT.  It is a great take on the characters 30 years after the movies, so we get to see old rivalries and new ones.  Johnny and Daniel are not treated like some 2nd rate cameos, they are big parts of the show.  Plus the show introduces new characters with personalities, whom audience can root for.  Oh and the new characters are as diverse as they come, but the show does not beat over audience' heads with it :P 
The show also has several callbacks to the original movies, some are obvious and others not so much.  Most are used to move the story forward.

Is it perfect? No, but it is easier to overlook flaws when the show treats its characters and the audience with respect ;)  (unlike that other franchise from galaxy far far away :P).  Seriously, the new series can poke fun at the old movies (or even at itself), just do not poop on everyone's nostalgia.

Ep 1 & 2 are free, the rest needs subscription but you can cancel in 30 days if you choose to

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I binge watched Cobra Kai (ie Karate Kid the series) over the weekend.  This is how sequel/spin off should be done, WITH RESPECT.  It is a great take on the characters 30 years after the movies, so we get to see old rivalries and new ones.  Johnny and Daniel are not treated like some 2nd rate cameos, they are big parts of the show.  Plus the show introduces new characters with personalities, whom audience can root for.  Oh and the new characters are as diverse as they come, but the show does not beat over audience' heads with it :P 
The show also has several callbacks to the original movies, some are obvious and others not so much.  Most are used to move the story forward.

Is it perfect? No, but it is easier to overlook flaws when the show treats its characters and the audience with respect ;)  (unlike that other franchise from galaxy far far away :P).  Seriously, the new series can poke fun at the old movies (or even at itself), just do not poop on everyone's nostalgia.

Ep 1 & 2 are free, the rest needs subscription but you can cancel in 30 days if you choose to

Binge watched it last weekend and I thought it was excellent. I boycotted it initially, as I do with most remakes.  After all the positive reviews, I had to check it out.  Well worth it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This looks bad.  It tries so damn hard to be dark and gritty

A series made for yet another video on demand service. I honestly do not know how people are expected to keep up with them all.

Moving along, they aren't teens anymore it would seem. Robin here acts closer to Nightwing than Batman's sidekick or his in-between stage I guess. ....Okay they gave Starfire pink hair for some reason. I thought originally she was a redhead with an emphasis on red (except in Teen Titans Go! where her hair is suddenly pink). While I admit her original comic book attire accentuated her celestial curves more than anything, here she appears to be a 'lady of the evening'. Well at least Beast Boy is green and Raven looks surprisingly normal.