THE LEGO GROUP'S SALES EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS FOR FIRST HALF OF YEAR!

The LEGO Group announced in a Press Release that their sales for the first half of the year "exceeded" their expectations, due in part to the Friends and Ninjago themes, which had stellar sales:

The LEGO Group concludes the first half of 2012 with another very strong set of interim accounts. Net sales for the period were DKK 9,134m compared with DKK 7,355m for the same period last year

As I have been referring to the last several months, the Friends and Ninjago themes are where the money is at. It is excellent news for all LEGO fans. A prosperous LEGO means a prosperous secondary market and more money in all of our Brickfolios...

Ed, I haven't really gotten into the Friends theme yet but I must admit some of these sets look really cool and I wouldn't mind picking some up to both build and invest in. Are there any Friends sets that stand out to you that you think will make great investments?

Ed, I haven't really gotten into the Friends theme yet but I must admit some of these sets look really cool and I wouldn't mind picking some up to both build and invest in. Are there any Friends sets that stand out to you that you think will make great investments?

Take a look at the TOP SOLD SETS ON EBAY and AMAZON BEST SELLERS to get a good idea of hot and popular LEGO sets. Usually, top sellers now are top appreciators later. The largest sets of a theme are usually a good choice.

Two good ones are 3315 Olivia's House and 3185 Summer Riding Camp.

Two good ones are 3315 Olivia's House and 3185 Summer Riding Camp.

Thanks you all, I will definitely start checking these sets out more.