Ordering from Walmart.com Ship to Store

I have ordered twice from Walmart.com (ship to store) and saved a few bucks compared to purchasing off the shelf. Both times my lego boxes (multiple sets on each order) have come with a huge white label with my name and order # details stuck to the actual set box. I have no idea why they don't box the entire order but they simply slap a huge label on each set box.

This is freaking annoying. I now have a huge white label stuck to my boxes. I ordered several to invest in and really do not want these labels stuck on them.

Have any of you purchased from Walmart Ship to Store and had this happen? It saved me $2.00/per set on a few I ordered the other day. I'm scared to try to remove it as the carton will tear. The other option is to ship to my house but then I pay for shipping. Trying to get them as cheap as possible.

Thanks for your input,

Kris 

I have ordered ship to store multiple times, probably around 25.  Only once have I had the white label issue, and I simply requested a refund on my order right there.  I ship to store for the convenience of checking the order before I take it in hand.  The actual savings verses shipping to my home instead is insignificant for Walmart shipping prices.

They ship it to your house with the same white labels.  I have been able to peel them off every time without issue--with a hair dryer and sharp finger nail.  Go slow!

I have heard of quite a few brickpickers finding success with this or similar methods. You can probably pull it off if you are careful and patient.

Turn Hair Dryer on low heat first and work slow, should come off as long as you don't work fast, and when you get the tag off and the spot has glue still on it you can use Goo Gon, Put some on a paper towel and see how it goes, sometimes it comes right off, but sometimes it takes a few times, but it does work.

One good thing I noted--in a bulk lot, only the first one picked has the label.  Got 4 landspeeders today--1 label.  4 capt. america/doc ock bundles last week--1 capt and 1 doc ock had the labels.

I am really surprised some of you don't get these labels.  Every single time I have been to store for pick up, or got a delivery---they had this "pick tag" with order number, qty, name, address, and date. 

On another note--I will never do a store pick up again.  I hate walmart and feel horrible seeing the dregs of society every time I go in that place.  And I live in a "good area".  It really is sad, and disgusting there are so many of "those" people in America.  Having said that---I still can't help myself from running in quick to check the clearance--even though I have basically found nothing every time--just a few borderline deals.  Maybe I am one of them, and don't even realize it!  Although---I am usually the only one pulling up in a new infiniti and dressed "properly".

The last time I went to one, we walked by a huge skid of dvds for 5 bucks. I said to my wife-- who the pheck still buys dvds? I thought everyone downloaded for free or had Netflix/prime. We get to legos going by electronics and there was a literal feeding frenzy at the crate back there! We couldn't believe that many people still bought that junk. Then on the way out.....the other one was getting picked through like bread in a gaggle (not flock) of seagulls. This was at noon on a weekday. We were on our lunch break....no way these people were employed. Or employable.

Oh well....when in Rome...... is that titanic for a fin? Grab it!!!!

• 1 month later...

With Site To Store, if the item is on the store shelves, the employees will grab the item and slap that sticker on. But if the item(s) are being delivered to the store, then they will arrive in the box. Wal-Mart employees are lazy and there are typically dozens of the item in the back that nobody has restocked. So if you go to a Wal-Mart, have an employee (any employee) scan a barcode (either on the shelf or on a box) and they can/will retrieve the items from the back if they are readily available. You just have to be persistent. Mostly due to the fact that Wal-Mart pays peanuts and their employees are either too lazy or too dumb to follow through with any task that has been set before them