Lone Ranger @ Target

Black_towr

I was at my local Target and i noticed that most of the Lone Ranger sets were sold out. Anyone else seeing this at their local stores?

I'm a poor example when it comes to anything leaving LEGO shelves in my area, but nope.

What I would keep an eye on is how quickly they start going in the week following the movie release.

I was at my local Target and i noticed that most of the Lone Ranger sets were sold out. Anyone else seeing this at their local stores?

Not in my neck of the woods. There was a good handful of all five sets still sitting there the other day for me. I think everyone was more in awe of the new Lord of the Rings sets than Lone Ranger. That and I think the effect of these have yet to fully sink in.

I see plenty of these in most of my local stores. I don't think any sample size at the moment will be too meaningful until the movie comes out.

It will be interesting to track, I think these will either become a huge hit, or another theme bust like Prince of Persia, I really don't think it will be anything in between.

I'm going to say huge hit. My daughter and I built the Stage Coach the other day and it is awesome. Not to mention you get 5 great minifigs, 3 horses, the coach, a slew of guns and 3 different colors of cowboy hats all for just $29.99. That seems like an easy win to me. Other than the Marvel Avengers theme this is the first theme I've considered buying every set to build.

Guest AnnexBrett

...because the theme is EOL...!!! Hurry, hurry! Buy, until you can....

Checked my target about a week ago...the Stagecoach was the only set sold out...which leads me to be keeping an eye on that one for investing potential.

First post from a newish member here as well (Yay Me!)

Welcome! That's a good way to hint at a good investment, though it is a little early to find out for sure.

I'm going to say huge hit. My daughter and I built the Stage Coach the other day and it is awesome. Not to mention you get 5 great minifigs, 3 horses, the coach, a slew of guns and 3 different colors of cowboy hats all for just $29.99. That seems like an easy win to me. Other than the Marvel Avengers theme this is the first theme I've considered buying every set to build.

My son got this for his birthday, and I concur. Really good value for the price, and you get most of the main figures, from what I can tell (having not seen the movie).

I also like the theme a lot. It is funny though - generation differences based on what is on TV - my 5 year old pretty much has no idea what cowboys and Indians is. He just hasn't been exposed to it like I was as a kid. So it will be interesting to see how the movie does, and who goes to see it.