Lone Ranger set deals on Amazon.com

exciter1

I know some of you are waiting to see how the movie does or already picked up the Lone Ranger sets you want.  Amazon.com marked down several sets today and they may be price matching WalMart.com.

LEGO The Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase (79111)  11% off  LINK

LEGO The Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout (79110) 14% off - LINK

LEGO The Lone Ranger Comanche Camp (79107) 20% off - LINK

LEGO The Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape (79108) 17% off - LINK

LEGO The Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown (79109) 14% off - LINK

Just FYI, the Train has been in that price for at least a week, dipping slightly to $85 range for a few hours.  I am not saying this is not a good price, I am personally just waiting to see if further drops is possible

I expect train to be 25% off at some point :P

and thats when its time to trigger the wallet :D

Just FYI, the Train has been in that price for at least a week, dipping slightly to $85 range for a few hours.  I am not saying this is not a good price, I am personally just waiting to see if further drops is possible

I know, but I thought I'd just include all of the sets on sale, since I was posting about the new discounts.  :thumbsup:

I'm a little on the fence - I'd rather wait and see what kind of returns this makes on the big screen.  A really great showing would give me more confidence for a possible second wave (for a sequel) and likely better gains for this wave.  Who knows, this could be the Prince of Persia all over again - that got tons of hype and had a big(ish) lead, and the Lego sets never took off (and I don't think a sequel is planned).

Is anyone else still surprised that Colby City Showdown is a $50 set? I know I am; I thought it would have been $60 or a little more for what you get. Not complaining though by a longshot; just shocked at the good 'regular retail' price for once.

Not really... Im more surprised Stagecoach is 30 and not 40$ :P

I think you might be right. In fact, it doesn't even make sense that the theme would be on sale already. It's new stock, so Amazon's warehouses aren't in a rush to move it. The movie's not even out yet, so there's no reason Amazon would be missing their sales projections. And, some of these sets are seliing out at Lego stores and Targets, where they're priced at full retail (obviously). I can't see Amazon selling these for a measly 5 or 8 dollar profit, right now. Which means they're probably making 14 while it's hot.

I'm a little on the fence - I'd rather wait and see what kind of returns this makes on the big screen.  A really great showing would give me more confidence for a possible second wave (for a sequel) and likely better gains for this wave.  Who knows, this could be the Prince of Persia all over again - that got tons of hype and had a big(ish) lead, and the Lego sets never took off (and I don't think a sequel is planned).

I mostly agree, but I'm not really on the fence. These are very new and I wouldn't be interested until they are near EOL or have much bigger discounts. This is a lesson I've learned from the past.

Great reviews and high ticket sales may or may not help the Lego sales. If this turns out to have many sequels then that will help Lego sales more than a good showing for one movie.

I think you might be right. In fact, it doesn't even make sense that the theme would be on sale already. It's new stock, so Amazon's warehouses aren't in a rush to move it. The movie's not even out yet, so there's no reason Amazon would be missing their sales projections. And, some of these sets are seliing out at Lego stores and Targets, where they're priced at full retail (obviously). I can't see Amazon selling these for a measly 5 or 8 dollar profit, right now. Which means they're probably making 14 while it's hot.

You never know about discounts, when the Hobbit sets first appeared in TRU they were having a sale that excluded a whole list of themes but Hobbit wasn't on the exclusion list and they were at MSRP (I think too new for TRU to bump up the prices), so I ended up with a bunch of Hobbit sets for about 30% off. Of course, I will have to hold on to them for quite a while, but sometimes there are good deals before the movie is out.

You never know about discounts, when the Hobbit sets first appeared in TRU they were having a sale that excluded a whole list of themes but Hobbit wasn't on the exclusion list and they were at MSRP (I think too new for TRU to bump up the prices), so I ended up with a bunch of Hobbit sets for about 30% off. Of course, I will have to hold on to them for quite a while, but sometimes there are good deals before the movie is out.

Maybe you're right, too. New themes do seem to see discounts early in life, so maybe it's a matter of bulk sales for a smaller profit. But how small? And since pretty much all retailers follow the same patterns, we can guess they're all paying the same wholesale prices.

Really, the whole situation stinks. There's no sustainable market when the seller is profitting 90% as much as the manufacturer. Except in toys.