Selling to the US or Other Countries

Grolim

Do you Aussies ever try selling any of your sets to the US or other countries on say US Ebay?  

Have you found any local deals on sets that would make doing so profitable?  I found quite a few 9465 Zombies sets recently at a local discount that makes the current US price of $115 plus decently profitable.  Have also tried selling a 10187 Beetle.

I'm looking forward to the new Brick Classifieds getting up and running as I think it could open up the ease of entry into overseas markets a little.

I haven't as yet, though twice I have had people buy things off me from other countries on eBay. Our local shipping costs scare me too much to think what it would be like. When the Brick classifieds kick in, then I will definitely look at it more. eBay taking basically 10% of sales is a killer

I am the same Grolin I have only shipped 1 set overseas to Singapore but for the size and weight it was cheaper than me sending instate which surprised me. Other than that I do not think our prices or what we sometimes source them can any profit be made.

I also look forward to the brick classifieds it will be lego collectors selling to each other. 

Ebay sucks but then to really protect yourself I also use paypal and there goes what another 6%?

I use gumtree and I have had instate people contact and buy off me.

By the time ebay and paypal take their cut it is like 10% if you run a store. Crazy.

I had some listings up on gumtree for a month, received 1 enquiry. I will be loading it up at Christmas time though.

I might have to check on those international costs. If it is actually cheaper than interstate it could prove to be fruitful.

Well we are both closer to Indonesia and the like than the east coast people. So could be cheaper. 

Is gumtree as big up in you area as with me? I find it can goes in waves of good and bad times to sell. Overall though it has been good to me. 

I have a few ideas for selling at christmas or before to really cash up if your interested :) Just not sure if I want to share with the whole forum hehe