Constitution Train now $83.09 ....

jaylay

If you wanted to build display it---low 80s is ok--but it's already been to $75 with various bogo deals, and will see $65 soon.  With the amount of figures and track sections--it's a deal at $65.

Willy, I think you're right. This should continue to drop on Amazon - I could see it dropping to $80-85 and sticking there.

i truly believe that $75 each is the best this train set will do on sales ... at $75 people should be buying this up ... once the movie hits, which i think will be a hit, this set will be in demand. there aint no ships in this movie ... so Constitution Train is the Black Pearl of The Lone Ranger series ....

i truly believe that $75 each is the best this train set will do on sales ... at $75 people should be buying this up ... once the movie hits, which i think will be a hit, this set will be in demand. there aint no ships in this movie ... so Constitution Train is the Black Pearl of The Lone Ranger series ....

I think the Black Pearl is a little more iconic with four movies in a series.  I hope the Lone Ranger does well, but I don't think they will take the train with them if there is another movie.  I do believe that this train is a great value at 75.00 with track included I would be hard pressed to find it cheaper than 25% off in my area or on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ph4tb0i

Why am I finding Train chase on ebay... no bids in 40.00 to 50.00 range?  I see some ended auctions, and some still going.  Something wrong with this set?

probably missing minifigs. 

Guest ph4tb0i

As a huge train collector I see this set hitting 200 6 months after eol. Call me crazy ... Trains are always huge for Christmas too.

I hope you're right as I have 15 7938s and 10 7939s stocked up. :D

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm a train fan but lately I'm really mixed on this train. It's definitely a nice train but the problem is it doesn't seem to fit with any of the train themes in a collection. 

Passenger train? Nope. That's covered by Emerald Night, 7897, 7938, Horizon Express, and the Super Chief. 

Cargo Train? Nope. Covered by 7939, Maersk, the BNSF + TTX Cars

and imo all of the above trains seem to be much better in design and quality (e.***. the loco on constitution feels like a stripped down mini cousin of the Emerald Night). Couple that with the slight difficulty in mating it with a PF set and I think that decreases the value by a bit. 

Having said that, it is a nice train and I will most likely jump on it if it can get under $80 after discounts. I think it will definitely see a short term rapid appreciation after it EOLs due to the price being cheaper than some of the other trains, but long term I really don't know if this will hit it out of the park like the creator expert trains or even some of the city trains. 

• 3 weeks later...

This will see $65.....sooner than later.

That didn't take long. 67 bucks at target in Braintree ma today. They had 7 left..I grabbed 2. I thought I was done hunting target....but you literally have to walk through target to get to the lego store at this mall! Figures(mini?)...when I am not wasting time and gas hunting target clearance...it falls in my lap. Nothing else of merit on sale...all small sets were 30% off. Down to amzn prices basically.