BRICKPOINTS UPDATE

I just want to give members some heads up to what is going on with the Brickpoints system as of today...

As you all know there was a major conversion done to the site over to the new IP Forum and Blog system.  To enable us to make the site more interactive and state of the art, this had to be done.  The old Brickpoints log had to be scrapped.  Jeff has yet to create a new one, focusing his energies to other, more important features of the site that needs his attention.  Needless to say, the Brickpoints are being tallied as usual, just the Brickpoints given for approved reviews are being tallied separately since approximately June 1, 2013.  Some of you have wondered about this and I will tell you to just sit tight and be patient.  No one will lose any Brickpoints in the process and Jeff recorded everything when the conversion took place.  A new total for Brickpoints will be tallied when the new site features are implemented.

Please be patient with this.  We are working on some really neat ideas that will include the Brickpoints as a form of site currency that will enable you to do a multitude of activities with them.  Until we have more concrete features to show you, I will leave it at that, but I will tell you there are some neat and creative new features in the pipeline that are being worked on as I write this.  When we are ready to release the new features, I will post the dozens of ways you can obtain Brickpoints and the really cool ways to use them...or spend them.   :ok:

On a side note, you will notice a small notation showing your Brickpoints under your name and avatar on the foums.  This is just a small example of things that are happening behind the scenes...

• Like 2

I have about 12 approved reviews each getting about 80 brickpoints. When I looked at how many brickpoints I have the numbers do not add up. Do you know what is going on?

I have more than 2,000 from reviews that aren't counted, so it was even more noticeable for me!

I know this has been discussed already, but maybe it's changed. Could we get a full rundown of all the available methods to earn points?

Like Ed said in his post we will outline all the ways including whatever new ways we are adding

As for right now it's forum posting and replies, reviews, write blogs, get likes from your posts, comments

We will summarize it soon, but basically everything you do can earn you points. The best way is through quality reviews and articles.

• Like 1

Why do you only get 1 BP per forum post?

You can get unlimited points per forum post if people continue to give you up arrows for quality thoughts and information.  People can spam forum posts.  The way we are going to view Brickpoints around here from now on is like they are money...or currency.  They will become very valuable.  How do you make money in the real world?  Through work and effort.  The way Jeff and I invision this process in action is by using the Brickpoints as a way to reward quality participation on our site.  There will be benefits for each member.  Some might use them to save money when selling items, others for possible material things.  

This new IP platform enables us to tie the forum in with the blogs and reviews and the Brick Classifieds.  Your reputation will also play a large role in this as well.  So keep posting, reviewing and producing blog articles.  You might be surprised one day what you can earn.

It was more unlimited before...

Blackjack, nothing is different than before.  Every reply on the old forum was worth 1 brickpoint.  Here every reply is worth 1 brickpoint.  Nothing is different. But here you have more opportunities to get even more points.  If you post something of quality, then people can give you the "thumbs up/+1" whatever you want to call it and then you can get brickpoints for that.   So I don't see your problem.