Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

• 1 year later...
Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

I have not looked at the price for a while.  It is actually leveling off on eBay..  How high can a $30 set get????

Yeah that is why I find it interesting. At some point it passes into pure rare collectible. Amazon price keeps creeping up, although I don't know how many people really buy this set on there.

With the new Saturn V Ideas Set this one is gold. The price in Europe for MR has immediately rised after Saturn V release. (Both sets are unique ones that are NASA branded)

I have only 10 left (from my former 100) and I won't sell them under 200 Euro... 

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

Finally picked up a Lego 21104 Cuusoo Curiosity Rover. Opened it up and getting ready to build it. Waited far too long to buy one. Finding a new one under $300 is HARD.

This one is part of the 48S3 batch (48th week of 2013).

dd28ed1e385be1f3f4b1573b071b9b61.jpg
8c6eee8e0af6fe25dc566923dcd1ca68.jpg

Part-out value is $36. I just picked up a 9392 from EBay for $26 shipped to get the 2 expensive parts ($11 each on BL with only 3 US sellers). Rest of the parts should be easy. Granted, no box, no manual and no "I have the original set" feeling. Can't put a value on those.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Part-out value is $36. I just picked up a 9392 from EBay for $26 shipped to get the 2 expensive parts ($11 each on BL with only 3 US sellers). Rest of the parts should be easy. Granted, no box, no manual and no "I have the original set" feeling. Can't put a value on those.

Yep. That is why I haven’t opened the bags yet.  

likely will bricklink a set. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...