No need to run Canadians but Orc Forge 20% off Target CAN

weakside

Ok, not the deal of the year but if you're Canadian and prefer not to buy internationally for various/whatever reason...this is cheapest so far especially since it's an Target exclusive.  Always wanted one for personal collection and glad I waited for a discount.        

I just bought 4.  Retails $49.99 and now $39 plus taxes and minus 5% red card.  Cool looking set any LOTR fan would love. 

Guest ph4tb0i

not bad. I got 4 when they were 31 down in the states but it's nice not to have to drive down. Might pick some up. Thx!

Wow, (ph4tb0i) you actually might take part in my 'heads up'...I feel honoured haha.  I'm sure am not alone, some of us Canadians just don't want to drive, go through US customs, or set up an US postal site or think about surprise fees/customs buying from international sites and what conditions boxes will arrive in etc.  Maybe this is what separates newbies like me from other higher volume CAN investors...personal preference/strategy.

Maybe I'm old school but chosing your mint box(es) at a store and walking out with a decent discount feels good.  Than you go home and store it, no need to wait for delivery. 

Obviously cheaper deals can be found online.       

not bad. I got 4 when they were 31 down in the states but it's nice not to have to drive down. Might pick some up. Thx!

Oh, FYI...I was at Square One location...they have 2 left on shelf after I picked up 4 myself, who knows if they have more in the back. 

They had other sets on sale too, Spider...Gandolf (but wasn't worth mentioning). 

The other good deal might be the SW Umbaran MHC...20% off I believe before red card, already have some so didn't pick it up.  It's hard to find since exclusive and is a great looking set with 4 minifigs. Ahsoka is the best minifig in the set. 

Did you post on toysnbricks as well? I called one of the Edmonton Target locations and they told me they're not on sale. Maybe only out east?

No I didn't post anywhere else.  This is my 'go to' site since we have so many contributors and topics.  Might be just out east (ontario) perhaps...too bad, it's a decent price CAN for a nice set.  Maybe you guys out west will get other specials.  Target is probably trying to unload older inventory for newer sets...lets hope they will have 30% off soon. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Wow, (ph4tb0i) you actually might take part in my 'heads up'...I feel honoured haha.  I'm sure am not alone, some of us Canadians just don't want to drive, go through US customs, or set up an US postal site or think about surprise fees/customs buying from international sites and what conditions boxes will arrive in etc.  Maybe this is what separates newbies like me from other higher volume CAN investors...personal preference/strategy.

Maybe I'm old school but chosing your mint box(es) at a store and walking out with a decent discount feels good.  Than you go home and store it, no need to wait for delivery. 

Obviously cheaper deals can be found online.       

No worries. :) Well sometimes the couple of dollars saved in the states isn't necessarily worth it. For me I just like buying all the big things in the states (e.*** modulars, creator expert, etc.) since the price differential is so high. I feel like it was a big learning curve going through the whole customs thing, but it's definitely worth it as I learned how to do business when it comes to cross border shipping and imports/export (e.***. Lego is a Category 5 import item on the customs form!). It finally motivated me to get my nexus card too, which makes crossing even easier. :D The one thing at the end of the day that definitely made this doable is also because my wife likes visiting the malls/targets in the states a lot, so a quick stopover at CBI to pick things up isn't a big deal. Otherwise I probably would've stuck to investing domestically as well. :)

Also, Orc Forge is just one of those that has the potential to be at least an 80 dollar set when it EOLs. I dunno what it is about 39.99 - 59.99 dollar sets but more often than not once they EOL they easily hit 100% growth on the secondary market. Mainly I think because the percentage doesn't translate into as big a sticker shock as the rest (e.***. a green grocer going from 150 to 300 is a lot harder to justfiy for the kid than a winter bakery going from 60 to 120). Of course this is more on the Lego train stuff so I don't know how it translates to the other sets, particular licensed themes like LOTR and SW (still sitting on a sith infiltrator I got from TRU a while back.. :()

btw, i was at the target at cloverdale in Etobicoke. Still says 49.99. Was this on the flyer by any chance?

Not on flyer that I noticed...i usually check weekly too.  Maybe I got lucky at the store I went in, they would price match another Target? I read walmart doesn

Guest ph4tb0i

Not on flyer that I noticed...i usually check weekly too.  Maybe I got lucky at the store I went in, they would price match another Target? I read walmart doesn

No I didn't post anywhere else.  This is my 'go to' site since we have so many contributors and topics.  Might be just out east (ontario) perhaps...too bad, it's a decent price CAN for a nice set.  Maybe you guys out west will get other specials.  Target is probably trying to unload older inventory for newer sets...lets hope they will have 30% off soon.

Yeah it was a store in Kelowna, seems kind of guy or miss as to which stores have the sale on.

Got 3 more Orc Forge tonight at 20% off at Target (Centerpoint location for those in GTA), pretty much US price without the driving.  Called the Target closest to me and ask if they had the discount and any stock first.  Weird...none of the other LOTR or any major theme sets were on sale except Orc Forge.  

*Lots of Series 1 Friends Pets were on 'clearance' at $4.19 compared to $5.99 so about 30% off if you're dying to pick up some Pets.  I might have bought some if it was $2 perhaps.    

Guest ph4tb0i

might need to pick some more up tmw now that it's going to EOL soon. Still very strange. This would be the perfect item for Lego to sell with tower of orthanc...