Amazon sales - OK's list

TheOrcKing

Before I would post separate topics showing the discount in the title which worked fine when just a few good ones popped up every now & again but things have gotten to the point of a decently steady pace and posting like before is needlessly tedious and exhausting as Blackjack and exciter1 pointed out. I realize that Legodog had started his own similiar Amazon deal related thread some months ago but don't plan on outright hijacking his thread. Instead I will simply just have this one pinned for easy access and referance available to all members and change this main post to go with flow.

So without further ado, here is a quick and complied list (with proper BrickPicker tags) to a number of Lego related sales to be found on Amazon. Please feel free to notify me of any changes or point out deals you have found which I can then add to the list. (Better prices found from competitors is also good.)

City
Mobile Police Unit (7288) for $34.89 (22% off, save $10.10)
Fire Emergency (60003) for $32.32 (19% off, save $7.67)
Fire Plane (4209) for $45.88 (24% off, save $14.11)
Museum Break-In (60008) for $51.20 (27% off, save $18.79)
Forest Police Station (4440) for $58.74 (27% off, save $21.25)
Police Station (7498) for $84.97 (15% off, save $15.02)
Fire Station (60004) for $82.99 (17% off, save $17)

Galaxy Squad
Warp Stinger (70702) for $23.97 (20% off, save $6.02)
Vermin Vaporizer (70704) for $47.19 (21% off, save $12.80)
Bug Obliterator (70705) for $61.77 (23% off, save $18.22)

Star Wars
TIE Fighter (9492) for $40.85 (26% off, save $14.14)
Z-95 Headhunter (75004) for $40.25 (19% off, save $9.74)
Rancor Pit (75005) for $47.83 (20% off, $12.16)
Sith Fury-class Interceptor (9500) for $ 71.99 (20% off, save $18)
Jabba

Cool. How does it differ from this BP Page? http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/amazonDiscounts.cfm

I use the forums more so having them here is good too, just wanted to know which would have the most up to date info. No idea how often that page refreshes and haven't looked close enough to see if the deals on your list are on there at all.

It isn't much different basically. Just a quicker and shorter text listing of everything minus the pics and some I have found myself. Plus I'm only listing ones that I believe are considerable or at least decent. For example, you won't find items that are barely a couple of dollars or so off and it's originally a $60 item. As for being up-to-date, I can easily check each of these every day and do a simple search for other sets to skim through just as well if I need to.

Also, you won't find deals on Duplo, watches, clocks, bags, and other oddities. Now the DK and Brickmaster books, definately.

At best, I was hoping this could be quicker to read through and more managable by most (especially on a smartphone).

Guest ph4tb0i

one way to also get in the loop about deals on amazon is to use camelcamelcamel. It's painful but I have it set up on all the sets I want and the price threshold I want to see. It's one of the reasons I've been able to put up all those amazon uk deals. :)

one way to also get in the loop about deals on amazon is to use camelcamelcamel. It's painful but I have it set up on all the sets I want and the price threshold I want to see. It's one of the reasons I've been able to put up all those amazon uk deals. :)

Why would you want to sign up for something if you can use 

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/

for free! to scout all Amazons worldwide with a simple click by theme.

I think Jeff asked this before but why are we posting stuff like this here?

Arent the forums especially here to communicate and post good helping stuff for people who deal with LEGO regardless of anything else?

Do tell me whats wrong with that and I dont see Jeff writing in this thread at all ;)

Click through revenue is how they get some of the money to give us this awesome site. Posting stuff like this potentially steers people to other places and then they get the click through revenue. Just a thought.

I thought a person uses his own bookmarks for entering sites like Amazon etc. I never clicked anything on ANY site ever. always use my own bookmarks such a convenient thing and never gets me any problems (with viruses etc.) actually I clicked once and it was on BP lol, just to do the click for Jeff and Ed. 

I understand your point though, however I think its fair letting people know of tools that are not available on Brickpicker (for now) to ease their work.  

I would really wonder how many people use clicking that. 

Why would you want to sign up for something if you can use 

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/

for free! to scout all Amazons worldwide with a simple click by theme.

The only real benefit to camelcamelcamel is that you can set a price point for any Lego set, and if it drops below that price the website will immediately send you an e-mail telling you to buy it. Not sure if the Brickset site does that since it crashed my browser when I went to look at it.

The only real benefit to camelcamelcamel is that you can set a price point for any Lego set, and if it drops below that price the website will immediately send you an e-mail telling you to buy it. Not sure if the Brickset site does that since it crashed my browser when I went to look at it.

Not sure about that but I simply open ithis page everyday and look at the stuff I want to know/get

Sometimes its better not getting the deal on email beecause it remembers you what you missed and makes you displeased/angry :P

Arent the forums especially here to communicate and post good helping stuff for people who deal with LEGO regardless of anything else?

Do tell me whats wrong with that and I dont see Jeff writing in this thread at all ;)

I'm not a fan of congesting the forums more than they need to be.  There are helpful links on the front page and at the top of the forums.  There are enough reposted topics already.  Almost too many for the moderators to keep up with.

I'm not a fan of congesting the forums more than they need to be.  There are helpful links on the front page and at the top of the forums.  There are enough reposted topics already.  Almost too many for the moderators to keep up with.

Thats a problem easily fixable. but its through more centralized work.

moderators/admins should only post like 2-3 topics

Example:

LOTR sets 2013 Discussion

LOTR investing Discussion and Questions

LOTR General Discussion

and then same for every theme/line and close the ''start new topic'' especially in that.

then make same things with Ebay put one topic up 

''Ebay discussion and questions'' and then strictly delete/merge every other opened topic.

would make this forum alot more readable instead everyone opens new topic questioning about sets retirement etc.

You can click for ''SHOW US amazon''

and adds US pricings and amazon.com (US) links ;)

Oh yes the rather obvious button at the top right! Doh!!  :punish:

Click through revenue is how they get some of the money to give us this awesome site. Posting stuff like this potentially steers people to other places and then they get the click through revenue. Just a thought.

So links like this http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/ cost Ed/Jeff money?

To be honest, for people in Europe this is the most useful Amazon link I have found. I cannot remember who send me to it first but most likely it was someone here. I plug it often and I have seen other people plugging it as well. I do not think it will cost this site traffic as I am sure we all have various different places where we check  prices for online deals.

And are we not all one big happy community?? :D  :sick:

Yeah if someone clicks that link and buys something, then brickset get the revenue, the set someone is looking for can easily be found using this site, then BP gets the revenue, unless I am totally misunderstanding how click through revenue works, which could be the case entirely ;)

If what you wrote is true then I only see 1 solution. BP needs to do the same convenient Amazon (for all amazon sites) price comparisson with links, just like Brickset has.

BP Amazon link is on the left ''bottom'' side of the HOME PAGE and you ''have'' to do 2 clicks because default selection is amazon.com deals.

then you have to click or open separately all the other Amazons in Europe (French, Spanish, British, German) 

There is no search or ''Show ALL <insert theme name> sets '' 

While on brickset I simply only open and compare prices of all 4 amazons and only in the theme I want to compare. No lame City sets and scrolling endlessly 

Thats the truth. If Ed and jeff want us to do clicking over BP I'm all for it, just copy paste the brickset price comparison and link system. and believe me i'll never go to that page ever again just because I value their work

I was going to suggest something similar.

Brickset obviously has some relationship with Amazon as does this site. So I am sure its something Ed/Jeff could do.

So they are finishing off ver2.0 of this site and we are already coming up with ideas for ver 2.1 I am sure they will be sooooo pleased. :D

Thats a problem easily fixable. but its through more centralized work.

moderators/admins should only post like 2-3 topics

Example:

LOTR sets 2013 Discussion

LOTR investing Discussion and Questions

LOTR General Discussion

and then same for every theme/line and close the ''start new topic'' especially in that.

then make same things with Ebay put one topic up 

''Ebay discussion and questions'' and then strictly delete/merge every other opened topic.

would make this forum alot more readable instead everyone opens new topic questioning about sets retirement etc.

Sorry Alcarin but I completely disagree with this. It would severely restrict free discussion on this site. Yes some of (OK most) of the threads are often circular and repeat something said weeks/months ago. For example; when are 10197  and 10188 going EOL! But that is half fun :) Plus for a lot of new users it is the first time round. If I was a new user I would not like to troll through 2 years worth of topics to see if I was going to ask an original question.

There you go, I have apologised, agreed and disagreed with you all in the same thread. THAT must be a new record :D

Sorry Alcarin but I completely disagree with this. It would severely restrict free discussion on this site. Yes some of (OK most) of the threads are often circular and repeat something said weeks/months ago. For example; when are 10197  and 10188 going EOL! But that is half fun :) Plus for a lot of new users it is the first time round. If I was a new user I would not like to troll through 2 years worth of topics to see if I was going to ask an original question.

There you go, I have apologised, agreed and disagreed with you all in the same thread. THAT must be a new record :D

True that, but they could all ask repeating questions in the same thread. It gives forum alot more cleaner look. If you just check LOTR/Hobbit subforum you will find a huge ''mess'' of topics. 

If i just copy-paste from the first 2 pages:

Which has better value: Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?  

Best buy for Helm's Deep in Canada?  

Mines of Moria ... when to buy?  

Amazon.es deals on new LOTR sets  

Target Blu ray combo pack w/ exclusive Bilbo EOL?  

Upcoming LotR/Hobbit sets?  

Goblins or Orcs?  

Attack on Weathertop may be EOL  

Elrond 5000202 - Keep, or sell before 79006 released?  

Helms Deep for $104 a good price?  

Shelob Attacks 9470: Is it a winner?  

Attack of the Wargs at Kmart for $18.50 on Clearance  

Lord Of The Rings Ambush Pirate Ship & Black Gate at Toys R US  

The Orc Forge  

Uruk-hai Army for $25.49  

LOTR 2013 Available for Preorder on Amazon  

What's the lowest price on Helms Deep that will make you bite?  

Lotr Uruk hai for 22.54 and weather top for 45.89, good idea?  

9471 Uruk-Hai Army: good idea?  

How to resell LOTR / The Hobbit Sets?  

LotR

I thought it was just a link to show what stuff is on sale at amazon.  I use my bookmarks when I purchase things so doesn't affect me either way i guess...

I may not be "normal" but when scanning the thread titles I tend not to look at anything that has a last post date of more than a few days. All the rest I tend to treat as archived topics. I would not expect many people to be looking at them, let alone replying. But that may just be me :)

Even going down to the 1st June that only takes us down to "Shelob Attacks 9470: Is it a winner?". And LOTR is a popular forum.

Of the ones above that many "could" have been posted in the Local Deals area or General Buying and Selling. But I that is down to personal taste.

I am mulling over submitting a new topic - which I am sure was discussed a few months back, but I cannot remember where - and I cannot decide whether to place it in General Buying and Selling or Odd and Ends  :ermm: