IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!

TheOrcKing

Does anyone else absolutely hate those cuusoo tumblers? I like the movie tumbler, of course, but those models just look too simple. The one Lego already did looks 10x better. Anyway I think a UCS tumbler is required to do it justice.

I'm with you, the basic model that was posted looks really boring. The model it is based on that although would be crazy expensive is awesome.

While we're on the subject, is anyone else getting tired of yet another science related....thingy getting approved? Neat as some are, I am already burnt out on seeing nothing actually original get by and that ATLAS mini model has to be the worst one yet which ended up only getting approved because of Facebooks social network.

The upcoming Delorean (fingers crossed) will hopefully get the rendition it deserves. If not and until then, I've lost a lot of hope for what CUUSOO was meant to be honestly. For the love of pete, may we please get something original instead of yet another obvious licensed idea?!

• Like 2

While we're on the subject, is anyone else getting tired of yet another science related....thingy getting approved? Neat as some are, I am already burnt out on seeing nothing actually original get by and that ATLAS mini model has to be the worst one yet which ended up only getting approved because of Facebooks social network.

The upcoming Delorean (fingers crossed) will hopefully get the rendition it deserves. If not and until then, I've lost a lot of hope for what CUUSOO was meant to be honestly. For the love of pete, may we please get something original instead of yet another obvious licensed idea?!

I'm with you on both those points... It seems like every CUUSOO that is remotely successful is from either a movie, sci-fi, a video game, or some random science gadget no one's heard of. 

I like the sciencey stuff :) My beef with cuusoo is the skimpy piece counts. I like meaty builds, 500+ pieces. These sets are barely an appetizer. The delorean looks like a 200 piece build. Boooo.

I agree, and was a bit harsh with my statement yesterday. I think if there was a nice change of pace inbetween approved projects, I would feel more excited and hopeful about the whole thing. I constantly keep reminding myself that CUUSOO is still in its infancy and has a ways to go before even a handful gets approved for release. The Mars Rover is a nice enough build but I end up having a predisposition against it only because the last project to get approved was basically in the same field. I mean, even if you really like Castle sets you would eventually get bored if that was the only theme available out there.

Also, I want to see 1,000+ piece count sets, gosh darn it! Come on, we're adults. GIVE US A MAN'S BUILD! :wild:

I am usually a big fan of science related stuff and I also love the ATLAS project and all the stuff CERN are doing at the LHC.  But this set really doesn't inspire.  It's small, it's boring looking, it's almost monochrome, it's just not appealing as a display piece.  Not many people will recognise what it is.

I agree with the piece count issue, give us some big sets Lego!  (though my opinion is usually every set could/should be 3000+)  :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I am suprised it has this much support. I don't really like it.

It isn't too surprising being based on yet another indie game same as the Minecraft project was. I think it was Lego's own rules and stipulations that forced the Faster Than Light project to go in the way of minibuilds similar to the Planets line instead of large scale designs most would rather have. Remember that Rift ship from last year? It was great but was rejected for a number of reasons and size was probably one of them besides the license.

• 2 weeks later...

You would have to think with the success Back to the Future has had that Ghostbusters would be a tough one to turn down for Lego.  Licensing couldn't cost that much with the movies being as old as they are.  They would probably keep it to just the car and the guys, but a Stay Puft Marshmallow man would be pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, the Wizard of Oz project has just passed 9,000.  :hyper:

EDIT: Seriously, if any of you have yet to support this project, now is the time to do so. It is quite simply amazing. Wizard of Oz is a wholesome story that I have loved forever. Think about it... a set like this could appeal to SO MANY people.