VW Camper now $109.96

jaylay

Beat me to the punch, Huskers.  A $9 discount isn't really that meaningful, but as discussed ad nauseum in another thread - there will likely be better discounts (although not guaranteed), but you're going to want this in your portfolio, so if you're worried about missing out, then $111 isn't a bad price, especially if you don't pay shipping. 

You will likely find better deals in the future, though.

Weird story. I'm alone in my house. I was looking at the Amazon VW on my phone. Placed the phone down on my bed with the VW screen pulled up. Jumped in the shower. Just got out of shower to find an order confirmation page for the VW! Bottom line -- my phone doesn't even need me anymore to order Legos!!! Should I be scared????

• Like 1

For $110 its a great buy, I am putting at least $1500 in these I have 12 already and I have a few more $20 coupons to get them for about $106 each which I will be getting 2 more Saturday, I think these will do way better than the Sopwith Camel, just check ebay for completed auctions on the old Camel, compared to the Volkswagen Beetle. I think $100 profit on the Camper once retired. Get some before they are gone. The Box art alone is what helps them sell.   Ed

• Like 2

For $110 its a great buy, I am putting at least $1500 in these I have 12 already and I have a few more $20 coupons to get them for about $106 each which I will be getting 2 more Saturday, I think these will do way better than the Sopwith Camel, just check ebay for completed auctions on the old Camel, compared to the Volkswagen Beetle. I think $100 profit on the Camper once retired. Get some before they are gone. The Box art alone is what helps them sell.   Ed

I'm right there with you.  I love this set (it's only one of three that I actually own/built) and think it will perform really well after retirement. 

Weird story. I'm alone in my house. I was looking at the Amazon VW on my phone. Placed the phone down on my bed with the VW screen pulled up. Jumped in the shower. Just got out of shower to find an order confirmation page for the VW! Bottom line -- my phone doesn't even need me anymore to order Legos!!! Should I be scared????

I would either be scared that your phone has begun the first phase of Skynet or there's somebody in your house ordering Lego on your behalf.  Either way, not good. :D

For you younguns, look up Skynet to get the joke. :thumbsup:

I would either be scared that your phone has begun the first phase of Skynet or there's somebody in your house ordering Lego on your behalf.  Either way, not good. :D

For you younguns, look up Skynet to get the joke. :thumbsup:

Amusingly enough, I went back and read the four issues of Frank Miller's Robocop vs. The Terminator comics a week or two ago just cause I felt like it. Crossover stories are pretty cool to begin with but those are awesome. It's trippy reading stuff like the technology behind Robocop lead to Cyberdyne's later robotics or about Robocop's consciousness was the very thing that gave SkyNet a mind of it's own! I may be confusing some parts from the two video games done on the short series though since games have been known to take some 'liberties'.

• Like 1

I agree with you about the Camper Van being a better investment than the Camel, BUT you also have to take into account that the old version of the Camel was nowhere as nice and large as the current one.

• Like 1

Amusingly enough, I went back and read the four issues of Frank Miller's Robocop vs. The Terminator comics a week or two ago just cause I felt like it. Crossover stories are pretty cool to begin with but those are awesome. It's trippy reading stuff like the technology behind Robocop lead to Cyberdyne's later robotics or about Robocop's consciousness was the very thing that gave SkyNet a mind of it's own! I may be confusing some parts from the two video games done on the short series though since games have been known to take some 'liberties'.

Was that the one illustrated by walt simonson? I liked it a lot. Check out the kind of recent robocop comic by Miller and Juan Jose Ryp. It's a bit of a different take on the movies.

Was that the one illustrated by walt simonson? I liked it a lot. Check out the kind of recent robocop comic by Miller and Juan Jose Ryp. It's a bit of a different take on the movies.

That's the one. I'm not so up to date on comics anymore; I think the nearest one around me is maybe close to 45 minutes one way so I didn't know about a more recent Robocop comic series. By the way, wouldn't Robocop make an awesome minifigure?! Or how about a build of ED-209?

• 1 month later...

The VW bus has a whole non-Lego audience which is way huger than the non-Lego audience that the Camel will have. Millions of VW fans out there, and even more Bus fans. A colleague isn't into Lego but loves campers and she got one for her birthday - she didn't even want to build it herself!

Now, all I need to do is convince the wife that this is a worthy investment...

Anyone know when it is likely to retire?

The VW bus has a whole non-Lego audience which is way huger than the non-Lego audience that the Camel will have. Millions of VW fans out there, and even more Bus fans. A colleague isn't into Lego but loves campers and she got one for her birthday - she didn't even want to build it herself!

Now, all I need to do is convince the wife that this is a worthy investment...

Anyone know when it is likely to retire?

I have no information on it, but I think this will be around at least through the holiday season.  Can't imagine them keeping it until July or August and deciding to call it right before spending season.

Historic pricing of Lego 'exclusive' sets sold via online retailers. . Many if not all have seen nice discounts sometime between Oct and Dec / mid Jan for the last 5 yrs.

Pick 5-10 sets still around and just check historic amazon prices. Modulars, Death Star, SDD, Camper Van. Tower Bridge, etc...

• Like 1

Historic pricing of Lego 'exclusive' sets sold via online retailers. . Many if not all have seen nice discounts sometime between Oct and Dec / mid Jan for the last 5 yrs.

Pick 5-10 sets still around and just check historic amazon prices. Modulars, Death Star, SDD, Camper Van. Tower Bridge, etc...

Gotcha. Ill be watching for that.