Vintage 1994 Lego Unitron Monorail Transport Base

legomyeggos

There has only been 3 sealed ones sold in the last year, with the last being sold back in November so it's pretty hard to tell the value.  The one priced at $2.4k is dreaming though.  I would say price it at $800 to $1k and see if it sells, dropping the price down to $600 minimum over the course of a few weeks if it doesn't, unless you need to sell it sooner in which case maybe $6-700.

most definitely worth more the longer you keep it as new sealed sets get rarer and rarer to find.  Those that are sold will have a portion that are opened and used.  I wouldn't see the growth rate being much over a few percent per annum though as it tends to be around that with these types of vintage sets, so if holding just for investment purposes is something you're considering then you may be better off selling and investing that cash into higher growth sets.

I would imagine continued growth on this set would be minimal.  It came out, what, 2 decades ago?  If you're investing, I would sell and use that money towards sets that are going to net much higher growth over the next couple years.  That Monorail is awesome, I had it when I was a kid, but as an investment, it's going to be a slow upward trend I would think. 

Sell for $600-700, buy 6 or 7 Helm's Deep(or similar EOL'ing soon set), and call in the morning.  You'll be way farther ahead with that strategy than the Monorail.

Definitely don't sell your self short. List it on ebay for a week or two at 20% more than you thought you could get for it. I'm thinking $1000 is probably a great place to start. Offering international shipping will probably make you sell it a lot quicker. Definitely get insurance.

On the one hand, an ancient set like this which is still brand new and sealed is pretty rare.  If you're the only one who has one and you happen to catch lightning in a bottle where the perfect buyer happens along who just has to have it at any price you may luck out and hit the jackpot.  There's a lot of data out there though about collectibles like this, so if you try to shoot for the moon with your set don't be shocked if nobody bites.  I think $1,000 with international shipping offered is an excellent starting point, but would absolutely try to offload this set and invest the money in contemporary sets that are close to EOL. 

I suspect your rate of return will be much better if you buy and hold for 2-3 years instead of 20+, although I'm impressed a big set like this has survived intact for so long.  Are you a big time collector?  Is there some larger story behind this set?  In any event, welcome aboard :)

On the one hand, an ancient set like this which is still brand new and sealed is pretty rare.  If you're the only one who has one and you happen to catch lightning in a bottle where the perfect buyer happens along who just has to have it at any price you may luck out and hit the jackpot.  There's a lot of data out there though about collectibles like this, so if you try to shoot for the moon with your set don't be shocked if nobody bites.  I think $1,000 with international shipping offered is an excellent starting point, but would absolutely try to offload this set and invest the money in contemporary sets that are close to EOL. 

I suspect your rate of return will be much better if you buy and hold for 2-3 years instead of 20+, although I'm impressed a big set like this has survived intact for so long.  Are you a big time collector?  Is there some larger story behind this set?  In any event, welcome aboard :)

Thanks for the welcome...

I'm a semi big time collector...medium maybe?  i only own themes related to movies or cartoons that i like...mostly collect super heroes and star wars...but i do own the collection for other themes like exo-force, speed racer, toy story, cars, TMNT, etc..

As for the 6691...Not really a large story behind it...recieved it as a "get well" present when i was a kid...wasn't allowed to open it because the living room was already filled with legos...kept in the garage for 20+ years...