Used 10174

Celes

Oh ok well 80 bucks is a good price. If its for your collection or to build you should be fine. If its for investment I don't think it has much growth left in it. I have bought a few SW sets from this time period thinking they were still on the up and up but seems they had reached their plateau so I just sold them. I don't think you can get the used priced on this set if you sell it but who knows.

Since we're discussing used sets. Do you think there is much upside to a 8129 AT Walker used, complete with box and instructions @ $90.00.

It is worth anywhere from $150 to $210 dollars used. (In U.S. dollars.) If you are planning on keeping it or investing with it than I would buy it. I could see this set peaking around $250- $270 dollars used over the next year or two in my opinion. You could also quick flip it for a small profit.

• Like 2

I think if you just want the experience of building it, you could buy it, build it, then sell it. You'd have no trouble breaking even, and you'd probably make a bit of profit.

That's the thing, I'm not really into Star Wars sets.

• 1 month later...

What do you guys think about getting a 10174 set with an open box but all sealed bags for $130-$140 shipped? I've been shopping around for one and it seems like most used are going for around $125 right now. It would be for building and adding to my collect, not for investment.

Yeah. If it's in that condition, with all sealed bags, complete with box and instructions, you can sell it basically as a new set. Nearly. I always prefer buying used sets to build though, just so that I can save a bit to spend elsewhere.

What do you guys think about getting a 10174 set with an open box but all sealed bags for $130-$140 shipped? I've been shopping around for one and it seems like most used are going for around $125 right now. It would be for building and adding to my collect, not for investment.

I would buy it and flip it on Ebay for $200. Then buy a used one for $120-ish.