Fire Brigade 10197 not in new Summer catalog?

I'm not sure if this means anything...

I received the Summer(new) catalog and The Fire Brigade is not pictured or referenced on either of the two pages dedicated to the Modular Buildings. Could this mean #10197 is going EOL? The Grand Emporium and newer are all pictured.

On an unrelated note there is a 10% off coupon on the back cover. I believe this is only if you live within a certain radius of a store but nice bonus if  you get it.

Is there an online link to this catalogue somewhere?  Would love to see one.

Hope the Fire Brigade is going EOL.  I'm starting to lose faith in Lego's previously predictable EOL patterns with so many modulars and UCS sets still available, not to mention 10188.

I really hope I get a coupon this time. I live no more than five minutes from a store and have not received any yet!

That's crappy...I would be pissed. I kinda always thought it had to do with distance from a physical location but I guess not?

That's crappy...I would be pissed. I kinda always thought it had to do with distance from a physical location but I guess not?

I actually called them not long ago and was told that it did have to do with distance to the store. When I explained my situation they said I should be receiving the coupons and suggested me to wait until the summer catalog was released and see if I started getting them. I guess we'll see..

Is there an online link to this catalogue somewhere?  Would love to see one.

Hope the Fire Brigade is going EOL.  I'm starting to lose faith in Lego's previously predictable EOL patterns with so many modulars and UCS sets still available, not to mention 10188.

They post them on S@H too, but so far I don't see the new one uploaded.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ByCatalog

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this means anything...

I received the Summer(new) catalog and The Fire Brigade is not pictured or referenced on either of the two pages dedicated to the Modular Buildings. Could this mean #10197 is going EOL? The Grand Emporium and newer are all pictured.

The standard "catalogs" they send out to Lego club members don't have anything to do with availability. Usually they just highlight the newer sets -- it's not an exhaustive listing. Back in the old days, it was.

The standard "catalogs" they send out to Lego club members don't have anything to do with availability. Usually they just highlight the newer sets -- it's not an exhaustive listing. Back in the old days, it was.

Can you imagine how big the catalog would have to be if they depicted every set that was currently available? It would be a book!

• Like 1

No not all of them have them......if you live within a certain radius of a LEGO store you recieve one, not sure of the radius though, a CS rep told me a while back and I can't remember if it was 25 or 50 miles.

Hmmm I guess 7,000 miles is a little outside then  :lol:

Yep I know...I just thought it was odd that they included all current modulars even the old ***.E. but the F.B. was conspicuously missing. Just looking for a clue and asking the question. Now however its a moot point we now know it is retiring if you believe emazers sources anyway which I do.

I received the catalog yesterday and yes, mine had the coupon. It seems kind of weird to me that they would go through the effort of printing two separate versions, one without the coupon. But I guess they feel like people without a Lego store nearby will attempt to sell the coupon on Ebay or something and maybe they don't want that. 

as i stated in another post, the fir brigade hasent been in the last several magazines, so i wouldnt put to much weight on this prediction.

I don't think emazers was using the absence of Fire Brigade from the catalog to predict its retirement. He was using it to verify the "insider" information he received.

Being cautious/skeptical is always smart though. No one knows for certain when sets are retiring. I happen to believe emazers, though.

Even though Emazers has, probably accurately, predicted its demise. It most likely would have gone anyway because its replacement, Palace Cinema is out.

This differs to the Death Star which does not have a direct replacement at the moment and so goes on and on and on and on and on.... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I've just seen this mentioned by "BrickShowTV" on YouTube and I just called a friend of mine who's at Legoland Windsor today with their kids to ask in their shop.  From the answer I had, It appears that it's retiring in the USA imminently with the UK to follow a couple of months after as you can still purchase 99 of them right now at LEGO Shop at Home in the UK.  Since the "golden era" of modular sets may be over, I'm not going to succumb to temptation and buy 99 of them!  One extra will do for now. ;-)  However, if I was offered them at 50% off RRP, I'd not think twice!

I've just seen this mentioned by "BrickShowTV" on YouTube and I just called a friend of mine who's at Legoland Windsor today with their kids to ask in their shop.  From the answer I had, It appears that it's retiring in the USA imminently with the UK to follow a couple of months after as you can still purchase 99 of them right now at LEGO Shop at Home in the UK.  Since the "golden era" of modular sets may be over, I'm not going to succumb to temptation and buy 99 of them!  One extra will do for now. ;-)  However, if I was offered them at 50% off RRP, I'd not think twice!

I wouldnt say the golden era is over. they are a very popular set that i think till continue for many many years