79002 - Attack of the Wargs

How many Attack of the Wargs would you buy if you could get them for $18.50 each?

I picked up 7 on clearance at my local Kmart. They have 11 more. I was hoping to flip a few on eBay then go buy some more, but I have only been able to sell one @ $32.99 (about $8 profit after fees). I have tried selling the minifigures and Wargs individually but haven't had any luck there either.

$18.50 is a great price but in reality how long will I need to sit on these before I have a chance at a decent profit?

yes, I would buy them all too...hard to turn down that price.  Might seem crazy buying all those boxes and stacking them up at home but I think later on you'll kick yourself for not buying them all.  Like spener90 said, if you sell at retail later or even a little lower you'll still make a decent profit.  Got to take advantage of these opportunities :) 

I'm gonna go a bit farther. Anytime ever that you see a Lego set significantly over 50% off of retail please buy it....

I don't think I've ever passed up a Lego set over 50% off retail, and I know that I've never lost money on any of them. Whether they are racers or toy story or POP. 

Moral of the story, buy them all. buy them now. Know when Kmart does those sales and drive to all the ones in your state and buy buy buy.

=) Rant

How many Attack of the Wargs would you buy if you could get them for $18.50 each?

I picked up 7 on clearance at my local Kmart. They have 11 more. I was hoping to flip a few on eBay then go buy some more, but I have only been able to sell one @ $32.99 (about $8 profit after fees). I have tried selling the minifigures and Wargs individually but haven't had any luck there either.

$18.50 is a great price but in reality how long will I need to sit on these before I have a chance at a decent profit?

Let them retire first, at least. Or try selling them when the fever picks up for the second Hobbit film. 

my Kmart had the same deal, however they only had 3 of them. (i got all three)

Same here (I got 6). I thought it was weird they were clearing out this particular set, but still have something like the Vampyre Hearse in regular stock. Can't imagine this Hobbit set is going EOL anytime soon.

OP, I think there is a flood of these sets on eBay at the moment due to Kmart alone, only explanation for how low the prices are at the moment as no one else has had them on sale that low.

So is any of you who can buy these at 18.50 willing to buy 1 for me and send it as a gift to my adress and I pay you over paypal ?

with a little extra for your ''work''

Want to build it for display but 60$ is overkill for me in my countries retail stores

So is any of you who can buy these at 18.50 willing to buy 1 for me and send it as a gift to my adress and I pay you over paypal ?

with a little extra for your ''work''

Want to build it for display but 60$ is overkill for me in my countries retail stores

How is the the postal service to Slovenia? I will send you one for exactly what it cost me + exact shipping cost but I am concerned how reliable the mail system is.

Much like Alacarin I am interested in a play set for my personal collection.  I'm not interested in reselling and I would happily pay for a deboxed copy of the set without instructions in a bubble mailer and compensate for the troubles.  My zip is 53186 if anyone is interested in helping a fellow collector.

How is the the postal service to Slovenia? I will send you one for exactly what it cost me + exact shipping cost but I am concerned how reliable the mail system is.

Its good enough... i had atleast 10 Americans on Ebay sending me stuff...

last one sent me 8 uruks and 4 Rohan Soldiers for 7$ priority...

I would gladly pay a little extra for your hassle of doing the work,  but I have no idea how much the shipping would cost...

If it would double the 18$ set then its no use.... have to check its weight!

Seems set weights about 1.45 pounds...

without instructions and box probably a little less.

I'm gonna go a bit farther. Anytime ever that you see a Lego set significantly over 50% off of retail please buy it....

I don't think I've ever passed up a Lego set over 50% off retail, and I know that I've never lost money on any of them. Whether they are racers or toy story or POP. 

Moral of the story, buy them all. buy them now. Know when Kmart does those sales and drive to all the ones in your state and buy buy buy.

=) Rant

I agree with this statement... however... my wife does not. Last year after Christmas I bought about $2k (retail $4k) at Walmart in one day. Even still I left stuff on the shelf. I think I would buy them all $18.50!