Target buy one get 50% off City and Galaxy Squad

eracine

It's important to note that on a set like the Mine, you will need to hold onto it for the next six months. These were a sleeper hit last year, but it's hard to tell what demand will be this year. I'm not sure how good of a deal the rest of this stuff is. The police station for example is regularly discounted 30% by Amazon in the fall. Also it's a set that is pretty much always in circulation. Good deals if you are buying for yourself (or kids) to build though.

Yes and no. The sets will gain value once EOL but at a slower pace due to amount of remakes. The forest police station is unique and should do good.

I fully agree about the Forrest Police station. Plus, kids love the set plus the YouTube-based Lego City short video featuring it. Funny.

I care.

Glad to hear someone else likes the theme! I noticed the selection isn't all that great online, but my store has a decent amount. I want the mech (70707), but I don't know if that one is an exclusive of some kind, I don't remember seeing that one around too much.

I care.

Glad to hear someone else likes the theme! I noticed the selection isn't all that great online, but my store has a decent amount. I want the mech (70707), but I don't know if that one is an exclusive of some kind, I don't remember seeing that one around too much.

I like the theme. It is quite interesting and reminds me of the old Space sets.

Just got out of work and went right over to target after seeing the ad which did not mention only lego city or galaxy just that both items had to be from the same set. I bought a few items all duplicates and went to the counter and the i noticed some were not ringing up half off. So the cashier looked at the add and then changed the prices for me...... CHA-CHING.

Just got out of work and went right over to target after seeing the ad which did not mention only lego city or galaxy just that both items had to be from the same set. I bought a few items all duplicates and went to the counter and the i noticed some were not ringing up half off. So the cashier looked at the add and then changed the prices for me...... CHA-CHING.

You got SO lucky finding someone that didn't read the ad. I pulled it up because I was going to head out now to try the same thing. The fine print at the bottom of the ad states that it has to be City or GS. Kudos to you for getting it work!

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just tried ordering a couple of sets. hopefully they work out this time. Last time they denied my order for no real reason but I suspect it could have been for sending it to a freight forwarder and having a different billing address from my shipping address. We will see...

I care. Glad to hear someone else likes the theme! I noticed the selection isn't all that great online, but my store has a decent amount. I want the mech (70707), but I don't know if that one is an exclusive of some kind, I don't remember seeing that one around too much. I like the theme. It is quite interesting and reminds me of the old Space sets. I enjoy the theme too. Then again, I have always liked all the space stuff anyway. ;-P

Figures, the one retailer I usually get stuck buying my Lego from and then they go having a "buy one, get one half off" sale right after I just got my fix. In other words, I can't spend anymore for a couple of weeks; darn it. :shut:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just tried ordering a couple of sets. hopefully they work out this time. Last time they denied my order for no real reason but I suspect it could have been for sending it to a freight forwarder and having a different billing address from my shipping address. We will see...

Target.com doesn't allow shipping to freight-forwarding addresses.

It's important to note that on a set like the Mine, you will need to hold onto it for the next six months. These were a sleeper hit last year, but it's hard to tell what demand will be this year. I'm not sure how good of a deal the rest of this stuff is. The police station for example is regularly discounted 30% by Amazon in the fall. Also it's a set that is pretty much always in circulation. Good deals if you are buying for yourself (or kids) to build though.

i wonder if being featured in the official wall lego calendar helped.

You got SO lucky finding someone that didn't read the ad. I pulled it up because I was going to head out now to try the same thing. The fine print at the bottom of the ad states that it has to be City or GS. Kudos to you for getting it work!

agreed. I will have to try this tomorrow. I would like to get a few more helm's deeps, and this sale would be the ideal way to acquire some more at a good price. otherwise i'll buy a few more mines (have 5 coming from amazon already sometime next week) and a few of the forest police stations. it's nice to see a bogo sale at a place where the retail prices are not jacked up beforehand like TRU and shopko tend to do.

I ended up buying $420 worth of Lego averaged 30% off as the matched online price in store. Can't figure why the highlighted refund value . So if I return one item would I be able to keep the other at discounted price ... So I still get 30% off if I return some sets ?

agreed. I will have to try this tomorrow. I would like to get a few more helm's deeps, and this sale would be the ideal way to acquire some more at a good price. otherwise i'll buy a few more mines (have 5 coming from amazon already sometime next week) and a few of the forest police stations. it's nice to see a bogo sale at a place where the retail prices are not jacked up beforehand like TRU and shopko tend to do.

The BOGO only applies to City and Galaxy Squad themes. No LOTR for you!!!

I ended up buying $420 worth of Lego averaged 30% off as the matched online price in store.

Can't figure why the highlighted refund value .

So if I return one item would I be able to keep the other at discounted price ... So I still get 30% off if I return some sets ?

No, you won't be able to return just one of the two combined items for any kind of refund besides the very low one that was purposely highlighted.

The BOGO only applies to City and Galaxy Squad themes. No LOTR for you!!!

Not sure how I feel about this. My region is already extremely competitive and I rarely find deals here, so if I could pull this off, I would basically go clean out LOTR and some SW stock on any store that let me do it. On the other hand it doesn't feel right to do. I think I'll just grab the mines and Forest police stations and maybe a galaxy squad set or two for myself.

Tried to get on galaxy squad ship (marked 20) and the dirt bike transport (marked 20) but no go---woman said they had to be from same theme for special. Didn't buy them.....oh well.

They allow mixing of the two themes online, so I don't know why they wouldn't in-store. I'm thinker the cashier just screwed up, but who knows. I'll be hitting the store in search of mines tomorrow and I might try it.

Tried to get on galaxy squad ship (marked 20) and the dirt bike transport (marked 20) but no go---woman said they had to be from same theme for special. Didn't buy them.....oh well.

Say what? That's a bunch of bullspit right there. So much for 'honoring' the deal.... :shut: