6858 - Catwoman Catcycle City Chase

Marker

No! Bought mine at $11 CAN. This really sucks if its true. Will consider unloading some. 

Well, for all those that brought a lot, I hope it does go into EOL. However, at least now, you guys know that it will be back in stock by the end of November or early December. If someone here wants to email LEGO and ask them whether or not Catwoman will come back in stock, please do that. I want to see whether or not you get the same message as I did.

Guest TabbyBoy

Unretirement is the "in" thing right now. I won't be surprised to see 10179 back in stock in time for episode 7. If Lego want to end speculation, unretirement is the way forward. Catcycle was 100% retired.

Do we just "down tools" and come back in 5 years hoping that at least one of our sets is EOL?

What I did hear in Legoland recently was that the Tower Bridge is now a UK "staple" and there are no plans to retire it before 2020. I don't want to believe it but, I do.

Guest TabbyBoy

The funny thing is it could help investors even more by making excellent short term profits when sets go out of stock and "retire" only to return and replenish their sold stock.

This will make it a full time job that most of us can ill afford and eBay will be flooded at times of mass offloading. Could this be why Emazers has been quiet recently?

Just posted an add locally. Already got a bite! Heck, if I sell all of mine for $25, I`ll be able to re-buy the entire stock at retail, and have a bunch left over.

I actually think it has great potential and would love to see the Catwoman set return. There are always opportunities and Lego creating these dips and spikes in production means more money can be made in the short term. 

Really starting to see this opportunity. Next thing I need to do is set up an ebay seller account. Haven`t done it yet  :getlost:

Unretirement is the "in" thing right now. I won't be surprised to see 10179 back in stock in time for episode 7. If Lego want to end speculation, unretirement is the way forward. Catcycle was 100% retired.

Lego set 6858 - Catwoman Catcycle City Chase is retired in UK and other countries (France), and it will remain "retired" as they aren't making any more. It's only in the United States and Canada that stock will be available again by the end of November or early December.

I should of made it clear in the post that the set 6858 coming back applies to Canada and United States only because it was just "temporarily out of stock"

Guest TabbyBoy

Lego set 6858 - Catwoman Catcycle City Chase is retired in UK and other countries (France), and it will remain "retired" as they aren't making any more. It's only in the United States and Canada that stock will be available again by the end of November or early December.

I should of made it clear in the post that the set 6858 coming back applies to Canada and United States only because it was just "temporarily out of stock"

Sorry, I didn't think of that as I never check North American sites as their prices are too depressing. ;-)

If Europe unretire that set, I'm going to eat a Tower Bridge brick by brick.

BTW.... Various branches of Sainsbury's have Catcycle and Captcycle for

I don't know why people treat "out of stock" or "temporarily outof stock" as "retired" it's doubtful they will have much stock and they certainly aren't going to start making them again. Chill out yo!

Considering this has been Uk/Europe retired since at least August and they are releasing a new batch of them in December in the US, isn't good for US investors who've already put money into it.

I'm wouldn't be surprise these are coming back. Unlike your regular pieces, the purple bike is not an element they have silos of. My closest Target had about 50 on the shelf after the summer clearance then the next day it all vanished at full price. The set is an unbelievable flip that's for sure.

Do we just "down tools" and come back in 5 years hoping that at least one of our sets is EOL?

What I did hear in Legoland recently was that the Tower Bridge is now a UK "staple" and there are no plans to retire it before 2020. I don't want to believe it but, I do.

If the 10179 goes back in stock, which I do not expect it to, I would buy one for myself since I missed out on buying one when it first came out.

Well I guess if the market (i.e. people who will buy the set on eBay for inflated prices when they can't find it in stores, or people who just buy online all the time and assume they are getting the best price when they shop at Amazon or eBay, etc.) someday figures out that sets will unretire, and all the above-mentioned people become super-patient and frugal and join BrickPicker so they know what a set is really worth and join up with camelcamelcamel and Brickset so they make sure they always get the best deal - wait, where was I going with this?

Oh, right. I quick-flipped 20+ Catcycles on eBay and Amazon in a 3-week period from the end of October to mid-November and made an average 20% *net profit* on them. I don't care if it's unretired and I don't care if Lego tries playing games to screw investors, there's plenty of money to be made in arbitrage as one of our sages has pointed out in a blogpost. Keep calm and Lego on, people.

• Like 1