Amazon 3rd party sellers

Does anyone, with any regularity buy from 3rd party Amazon sellers? Usually I see some ridiculous prices on LEGO sets and/or ridiculous shipping prices, but I have come across a few deals that are not quite in the ''too good to be true" category but are dangerously close to it. Does anyone have notable 3rd party seller encounters?

There are plenty 3rd party sellers on Amazon that are involved with Drop Shipping and Stolen credit card scams. I have tried to buy some Lego sets with say the Harry Potter Lego 10217 last year for the $100 and $7.00 shopping and when I ask if these were mailed by you or are they Drop Shipped, so just like that they refunded my money back, the ones you have to lookout for are the sellers that just joined.

I've honestly never really seen a good deal to be had on there from a 3rd party seller. All I tend to see are people selling things at ridiculous 1 or 2 hundred percent markups and basically "fishing" hoping that someone will be dumb enough to buy them. There's alot of that going on at Ebay as well, people listing Vampyre Castle's at 300 bucks BIN or a standard Boba Fett minifigure for 50 bucks. I'd call them idiots, but I guess the real idiot is the fool who pays that much.

I've honestly never really seen a good deal to be had on there from a 3rd party seller. All I tend to see are people selling things at ridiculous 1 or 2 hundred percent markups and basically "fishing" hoping that someone will be dumb enough to buy them. There's alot of that going on at Ebay as well, people listing Vampyre Castle's at 300 bucks BIN or a standard Boba Fett minifigure for 50 bucks. I'd call them idiots, but I guess the real idiot is the fool who pays that much.

There are some collectable minifigs getting sold for $88 wth!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-8833-Series-8-SANTA-CLAUS-christmas-minifigure-dwarf-cap-bag-sack-beard-/160866931526?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item25746a9346

Re: that santa. Check the sold listings, he ain't going for $88.88. That seller (ninjagos) does that $88.88 move all the time with their listings.

So how is he selling anything then? Lists it at 88.88 but then accepts a best offer price of 99 cents? Because that's about as much as I'd pay for a minifigure like that.