Help me evaluate!

Alcarin

dragon-knights.jpg

This is my OLDEST collection I ever built back from 90s and only added the Chrome armor for the (king) commander... Since I cannot find anywhere near that quantity on ebay/bricklink I would appreciate if people give ideas how much do you think this collection is worth since i am thinking I will sell it soon... I will add more pictures next week. Also do you think it might be better to add Black Knights Castle and sell it in bulk all together or troops separate (with wagon) and Castle separate. everything is 100% complete (Wagon)

• Like 1

I am a huge fan of the old dragon knights, however, I was very surprised at how little they seem to be worth on the secondary market. In all honesty, even with those being near mint condition minifigs, I don't see it fetching more than $200. The castle might really add a lot of value to the lot, but you would need to find the right buyer who wants that much dragon nights stuff.

I am a huge fan of the old dragon knights, however, I was very surprised at how little they seem to be worth on the secondary market. In all honesty, even with those being near mint condition minifigs, I don't see it fetching more than $200. The castle might really add a lot of value to the lot, but you would need to find the right buyer who wants that much dragon nights stuff.

yeah castle easily goes for near 200$ alone and since mine is 100$ complete with all bardings and knights I guess Castle alone can go for 200$

yeah I find those Dragon Knights the best Dragon knights ever...

even the premises of those knights are fun with Evil Wizard Majisto (in blue like crownies :P)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok i took time yesterday and finally took pictures of the lot I will try to sell.

I would like a honest opinion about its value.

How much do you think that lot is worth...

classic-castle-1.jpg

classic-castle-2.jpg

classic-castle-3.jpg

img2392.jpg

img2393.jpg

dragon-knights.jpg

In this lot there are:

- 3x 100% complete sets ( in good condition!)

- 52x EXTRA minifigures (Dragon Knight army + 1 random additional Black Knight generic soldier

- 20x extra spears

- 6x extra ABS shiny plastic swords

- old school well

- 3x extra horses with saddles and horse masks

- some brown bricks to build a tree

- alot of barrels treasure chests (If i recall correctly 7 treasure chests and about 5 small barrels and 3 large and 2 brown boxes)

- 1x extra complete green dragon from that era

All your thoughts appreciated.

+1 for Black Knights Castle!  And just an awesome collection.  As others have said the castle alone can go for $200.

It's a shame about the Dragon Knights being low as I did like them alot (good memories as a kid :P).  It seems Black Knights/Black Falcons/Forestmen rule the roost when it comes to classic castle.

Overall I would estimate 300 to 350 for the lot.  That number is based on what I have seen around eBay and my own eye as what I would be willing to pay.  So I may be way off the mark lol

Yeh its a shame they are ''wroth'' so little...

well not so little but ye

I am not sure I would be willing to sell them for 350$... 

Not evensure how much i spent building this collection lol

I know i paid like  125$ for the castle... i had the other 2 sets at home as a kid (I had the castle also but i did not bother putting it together rather bought a new one in person and in great condition)

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt sell the collection, not at those prices. You would be throwing away a mint condition piece of LEGO history, all so you can go buy the latest LOTR set? Def keep this collection  :thumbsup:

hehe! Yea they are in pretty extraordinary condition, a few scratches there and here, but all bardings are perfect also the chrome stuff is near mint and so are the troops in 90% (a few faded a little)

At what price would you consider selling this lot though Spartikis?

I think if someone would offer 500$ + shipping I would most likely sell I think. It might be hard to part that collection because it used to be centerpiece of my display for a long time but now Medieval Market Village and Mill Village Raid took its place and I have no room for them so am starting to put them in boxes sorted for maybe some day...

It sounds like you have a lot of emotional attachment still, therefore probably should just keep it as I don't think you'll get an offer of 500, but maybe I'm wrong, I know that castle is still pretty desirable. I've been wanting that castle but have been hoping to eventually see one on CL or somewhere else as I haven't been willing to pay 200 or more on eBay.

• Like 1

It sounds like you have a lot of emotional attachment still, therefore probably should just keep it as I don't think you'll get an offer of 500, but maybe I'm wrong, I know that castle is still pretty desirable. I've been wanting that castle but have been hoping to eventually see one on CL or somewhere else as I haven't been willing to pay 200 or more on eBay.

hehe, Its not so much about emotional attachment but more that a line where I prefer to keep it in my box (since i cannot have it displayed anymore) thanselling it what i consider too low for such a collection. If someone would come to me and say ''I pay you 300$ for that) I would just say no thanks I'll keep it for myself, but if someone would give like 500$ then I would most likely rather give them a new home to some fan than keep them in the box :P

That's a really nice collection in what seems to be great condition. Unless you really need the money, I would hold on to that one

Yeah I might do that anyway, especially since I doubt anyone would meet my 500$ to make me seriously think about it :P

Yeah I might do that anyway, especially since I doubt anyone would meet my 500$ to make me seriously think about it :P

Thats what ebay's buy-it-now option is for. It probably wouldn't be too hard to put a listing up. Although I've only sold parts and minifigs so far, with a few of my sales I've been like: "I can't believe someone paid me that for this!"

Thats what ebay's buy-it-now option is for. It probably wouldn't be too hard to put a listing up. Although I've only sold parts and minifigs so far, with a few of my sales I've been like: "I can't believe someone paid me that for this!"

Yeah but i dont really like to sell huge collections in 1 go on Ebay mainly because of all the possible scams and so on... I usually sell parts polybags... I did sell my collection of 30 Imperial soldiers though and had no problem.

Awww seeing those pics reminded me what a cool collection of them i had lol

lego-imperial-soldiers-1.jpg

lego-imperial-soldiers-3.jpg

lego-imperial-soldiers-4.jpg

If i remember correctly i got about 175$+ shipping for those (minus the fees) was so annoyed that of all feedbacks so far only the guy buying these did NOT post one.... sigh!

• 4 weeks later...

Go on, put your hand in your pocket...buy, buy, buy.. lol  Stomping