What is the best deal on LEGO you have ever found?

• 2 weeks later...

Although I am not talking "big bucks" here, when Collectible Minifigure Series 14 "Monsters" was first released, I happened to come across them at the local Walgreen's.  While the shelf price was listed at $3.99, they rang up at $.99 each.  Needless to say, I bought out all the stock they had, completing two sets for my own collection and sold or gave away any triplicates.  So, I suppose getting a complete set of 16 for $15.84 which represented a 75% savings!  Total fluke... and again, not big bucks.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

More recent was my load of 60080 Spaceports (RRP 69.99) for £11.33 each from Tesco. It was a pricing error during their 3-for-2 but, who was I to complain? I've now flipped the lot for £35 each!

In 2014 found ten pristine 21001 John Hancock at TRU on clearance for $6.49 ea. They found a case out back I guess because they weregone from the wild at that time. Or at least that was my understanding. I seem to remember someone else here found dozens of them at their TRU.

I sold them in one lot GSP which was a great flip but now they are about double of what I sold for.

• Like 1

But others to note from the past which i bought but left dozens of were

Harry Potter

4842 - £39.99

4866 - £12.99

4865 - £3.99

10217 - £99.99 Buy 2 get 1 free

Pirates of Carribean

Black Pearl - 34.99

QAR - 49.99 

Hard to believe but they could not give them sets away, they were everywhere for 50% off

I purchased a train lot last year for $500 on eBay.  Seller noted that items were new and used.  His pictures were lackluster and a little confusing; however, he was very responsive to my messages.  I wasn't entirely sure how much I was going to receive, but I knew based on what he provided that I could part it out to gross at least $1000.

Well, the box shows up and weighed over 40 lbs.  Half was still sealed with unused sticker sheets and manuals (no boxes).  The other half was built but bagged according to set.  The 3 BNSF trains alone pretty much paid for the entire lot.  (And I thought I was only getting 1.)

Recently tallied my net profit (minus purchase price, fees, shipping) -- $1950.

I don't expect to find a lot like that again...

• Like 3

I won a mixed ebay toy lot 2 years ago for $45 that was a haul... it was advertised as a hot wheels and games lot but came as an afterthought with 8 retired MISB lego sets, including MISB Sears Tower, John Hancock, Rockafeller, Sydney Opera House (small set), Hydraxon (from 5 yrs ago) and 3 other old bionicle sets.

Sold off the Bionicle sets for over $600, kept the Architecture, gave my kids the hot wheels and board games.

• Like 2