New box for 79108 Stagecoach Escape

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere before, but the original shipments of the Stagecoach Escape had an error on the box. The Barret character was incorrect in the areas of the box where it shows the names of the character. The original, incorrect box showed Barret with a different head and a red bandana, which didn't match the character in the set and pictured on the stagecoach on the front of the box. New boxes have been shipped to LEGO stores now with the correct image for Barret. I doubt there will be much extra value in the error box, but I know some people are in to that kind of thing, including me. The new, corrected box art is below.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere before, but the original shipments of the Stagecoach Escape had an error on the box. The Barret character was incorrect in the areas of the box where it shows the names of the character. The original, incorrect box showed Barret with a different head and a red bandana, which didn't match the character in the set and pictured on the stagecoach on the front of the box. New boxes have been shipped to LEGO stores now with the correct image for Barret. I doubt there will be much extra value in the error box, but I know some people are in to that kind of thing, including me. The new, corrected box art is below.

That error box will be a goldmine! Some people are FREAKS about that!

My .02

Future value will depend on the popularity of the set, and the total number of misprinted sets in circulation. In order for this set to explode in value Lego needs to catch it early in production do only a few squeak into circulation. It would help tremendously if this theme becomes a smash hit as well.

Future value will depend on the popularity of the set, and the total number of misprinted sets in circulation. In order for this set to explode in value Lego needs to catch it early in production do only a few squeak into circulation. It would help tremendously if this theme becomes a smash hit as well.

It shouldn't be too many that have the wrong box. The first run of sets, which is tens of thousands of sets I'm sure, is the only one that will have the error. Almost everything currently on shelves at Target, Walmart, TRU, etc. will have the first run boxes. LEGO stores began getting the corrected boxes today. TLG considered pulling the sets when they discovered the mistake right after release, but decided to just let it go and fix the box from that point forward.

Still waiting on the experienced collectors to give opinions of this error version. I see them at all stores I visit.

I can clean up if it's a worthy investment... we need to know...

I'm just satisfied with the two sets. At least I know I didn't miss out.

I bought this set for myself, and I noticed that it contains an extra brown hat and red bandanna. So you can actually have two of the figures wearing those if you want, instead of one in the black hat. Not sure how that plays into the box issue. At first I thought they were extra pieces, but when I saw that the one figure was different on the front than how it is on the side, I assumed it was deliberate. Interesting to find out now that it's an error. Now I'm curious to go see the movie when it comes out and see if perhaps that character is a bandit who pretends to be a good guy or something, hence two "outfits" for him.