Target has a in store sale on Monster Fighters

emazers

The Sale is in Store Only, and the Sale is really a joke, but I did take the Sale Sticker and took it to TOYS R US, so they matched the $89.99 for the Vampire Castle, plus I had $15 in coupons, So I got the Castle for $79.00. So here are the Sale prices. 1-Vampire Castle $89.99 2-Ghost Train $71.99 3-Mad Professor $44.99 4-Vampire Hearse $31.49 Like I said the Sale is not very good, as you can get the stuff cheaper. Ed

I guess this sale is ok, but we were all so spoiled by the excellent Walmart deals on MF, that this doesn't feel special. I just found another Walmart that still had VC's and grabbed them at 69.00, so paying 90 seems crummy. I'm hoping what happens is that they don't sell for 90 and end up getting reduced further.

$90 is still high, but this time next year there is going to be people on here saying man I wish I would of gotten more VC at $80, $90 and even $100. How many guys on here are kicking thereself for not stocking up on Black Pearls, Queens Revenge, Potter Castle and 10217 Alley, and the Nijango 2507. If they could get them now at retail most would jump to the chance. So if you are just waiting for the $70 VC, you will most likely miss the boat on it.

My walmarts no longer have VCs at all. The last one I found wouldn't scan in the store so they gave it to me for $54. I tried buying a VC at full price from Walmart.com and returning it at a clearanced store, but the box came so badly damaged that they returned it to Lego when I returned it to them. The lesson is two-fold. 1. Don't buy big box sets from Walmart.com and have them shipped site-to-store, they'll slap the shipping stickers on the outside and your box will be DESTROYED. 2. Returning the set from Walmart.com to the local store doesn't mean it'll be on the shelf there in a few hours.

$90 is still high, but this time next year there is going to be people on here saying man I wish I would of gotten more VC at $80, $90 and even $100. How many guys on here are kicking thereself for not stocking up on Black Pearls, Queens Revenge, Potter Castle and 10217 Alley, and the Nijango 2507. If they could get them now at retail most would jump to the chance. So if you are just waiting for the $70 VC, you will most likely miss the boat on it.

I'm still skeptical of the strength of the Monster Fighter's line investment wise, barring those bloody zombies of course. I've only invested in some Ghost trains and that's only because I nabbed them at $30.00 a box, so it was a safe bet for me.

I'd be very surprised if I can't find a VC or two for half off before it's all said and done in my area.

• Like 1

My walmarts no longer have VCs at all. The last one I found wouldn't scan in the store so they gave it to me for $54.

I tried buying a VC at full price from Walmart.com and returning it at a clearanced store, but the box came so badly damaged that they returned it to Lego when I returned it to them. The lesson is two-fold. 1. Don't buy big box sets from Walmart.com and have them shipped site-to-store, they'll slap the shipping stickers on the outside and your box will be DESTROYED. 2. Returning the set from Walmart.com to the local store doesn't mean it'll be on the shelf there in a few hours.

I thought about this before, but walmart it on to it. They have to return any orders from Walmart.com back to walmart.com. They don't put them in the store, because online is actually a separate entity from their B&M stores.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'll stick to cleaning out Walmarts. They seem to have the standard clearance of $69.99 for these. I get the added benefit of not giving TRU any unnecessary business, because frankly I won't support their price bloating unless I'm forcing a deep discount.

So I guess you don't buy any TRU exclusive sets then?  When they have sales, that's about all I pick up, and even if they start out a little bloated, their prices still end up being better than lego.com, which of course is the only other place you can find them.

So I guess you don't buy any TRU exclusive sets then?  When they have sales, that's about all I pick up, and even if they start out a little bloated, their prices still end up being better than lego.com, which of course is the only other place you can find them.

Is there even one exclusive at TRU that I can't order from LEGO directly?

Also, quoting myself:

I'd be very surprised if I can't find a VC or two for half off before it's all said and done in my area.

Lo and behold, as of two days ago I am sitting on 3 VCs which cost me $55.00, $45.00 and $45.00 respectively.