Same order received twice, what do I do?

spener90

LOL. I guess if you said something like "it would be a big inconvenience for me to bring them back, I don't have a car" or something, they might say screw it, just keep it. They responded asking me to run it over to a UPS or USPS store. I don't really appreciate this type of customer service. It doesn't account for the customer having a busy schedule. This isn't the only issue I have had with Target online. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon, when you send the wrong item, either let the customer keep, or send the UPS guy to pick it up.Worst. Response. Ever!!!Yes....you would think that they would treat a customer who is returning an extra mis-order. Basically giving mula to them! But, nooooo!

Reporting it would be the right thing to do. If they ask for the sets back it should be at your convenience and entirely at their cost. I agree that if you were to keep them in good conscience an effort should be made even if it is a simple email.

I'm trying to do the right thing, but they have made it extremely difficult. I have no issue sticking the sets on the front porch and having someone come pick them up. But the response was extremely weak. You simply don't ask a customer to take time out their day to make up for the mistake that was made by them, especially one who contacted them about something they otherwise might have no idea ever happened.

I'm trying to do the right thing, but they have made it extremely difficult. I have no issue sticking the sets on the front porch and having someone come pick them up. But the response was extremely weak. You simply don't ask a customer to take time out their day to make up for the mistake that was made by them, especially one who contacted them about something they otherwise might have no idea ever happened.

I wonder what they would do if you insisted on talking to a supervisor about this. Perhaps the level 1 customer support people just do not have the authority to offer pickup or other concessions for items valued over $100. The value of the package is around $160+tax, am I correct ?

I wonder what they would do if you insisted on talking to a supervisor about this. Perhaps the level 1 customer support people just do not have the authority to offer pickup or other concessions for items valued over $100. The value of the package is around $160+tax, am I correct ?

Yes, the order was around 170.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Interesting. So according to this, Target would technically have no legal recourse against him if he decided to just keep it. I guess the most they could really do would be ban him from making future purchases from their site.

Interesting. So according to this, Target would technically have no legal recourse against him if he decided to just keep it. I guess the most they could really do would be ban him from making future purchases from their site. Which I won't be doing again anyways. I'll give them the option of picking it up, because I feel it is the right thing to do. But I don't have time to run to the post office, especially when it isn't selling season for me.

Interesting. So according to this, Target would technically have no legal recourse against him if he decided to just keep it. I guess the most they could really do would be ban him from making future purchases from their site. Which I won't be doing again anyways. I'll give them the option of picking it up, because I feel it is the right thing to do. But I don't have time to run to the post office, especially when it isn't selling season for me.Don't get me wrong I am on your side on this one but it seems that any response that didn't include "please keep xxxxxx as our free gift" was gonna be met with an argument. I say this in the nicest way possible......I doubt you don't have time to go to the post office. If you truly don't then I apologize and concede that you might be the busiest man on earth ;) also I don't think they would "demand" payment, they would just charge your card, in that case I would consider that an unauthorized charge to my card and take that up with my credit card company. Like I said man I am on your side, I think most people would have just kept the items and thought up some crazy stuff in their head to justify their actions. Kudos for having some integrity!!

They have decided to send a UPS guy to pick it up. I have no issue with this, I do on the other hand, have a huge issue with the robotic language of the customer service I have been working with. They haven't even acknowledged that it is their fault, or my continuous issues with them. I understand that they have a script, but sometimes structure is shackles, and prevents someone from being able to do a nice job.

Interesting. So according to this, Target would technically have no legal recourse against him if he decided to just keep it. I guess the most they could really do would be ban him from making future purchases from their site. Which I won't be doing again anyways. I'll give them the option of picking it up, because I feel it is the right thing to do. But I don't have time to run to the post office, especially when it isn't selling season for me.Don't get me wrong I am on your side on this one but it seems that any response that didn't include "please keep xxxxxx as our free gift" was gonna be met with an argument. I say this in the nicest way possible......I doubt you don't have time to go to the post office. If you truly don't then I apologize and concede that you might be the busiest man on earth ;) also I don't think they would "demand" payment, they would just charge your card, in that case I would consider that an unauthorized charge to my card and take that up with my credit card company. Like I said man I am on your side, I think most people would have just kept the items and thought up some crazy stuff in their head to justify their actions. Kudos for having some integrity!!Anything that wasn't, "we'll send someone to pick it up at your door" would have been met with an argument. I do have time to run it to the post office(that was just my dialogue to them), but that is just weak customer service. The second reply was with a little more luck, so it will be going back in a few days, with a UPS guy coming to pick it up. I didn't really care whether or not I kept the sets, I was happy one way or another. Reporting it is the right thing to do when an error like this occurs. So hopefully it is fixed and everything will be set straight.

I was reminded of this topic yesterday as my B-Wing order arrived from Lego.com. They accidentally sent me two. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to call them and told them they accidentally sent me one. CS representative talked to their supervisor and came back to me and asked if I could send it back to them. The process to send out a package is extremely easy. All I had to do was print out a label from and email Lego sent me and arrange the post office to pick the package up to my house at no charge. It really took a matter of moments. For my honesty they gave me some VIP points. While it wasn't enough to buy a B-Wing, lol, it was something. The set wasn't mine and unless I gave it away to charity I couldn't justify keeping it. I am a very small time reseller of Lego, but I know that if I accidentally sent a customer of mine an extra set I could only hope they would mention the error to me and offer to send it back. I know Lego is a huge corporation and could eat the cost, but that isn't the point. It's the principal of the situation. A freakin' B-wing, man...

I was reminded of this topic yesterday as my B-Wing order arrived from Lego.com. They accidentally sent me two. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to call them and told them they accidentally sent me one. CS representative talked to their supervisor and came back to me and asked if I could send it back to them. The process to send out a package is extremely easy. All I had to do was print out a label from and email Lego sent me and arrange the post office to pick the package up to my house at no charge. It really took a matter of moments. For my honesty they gave me some VIP points. While it wasn't enough to buy a B-Wing, lol, it was something. The set wasn't mine and unless I gave it away to charity I couldn't justify keeping it. I am a very small time reseller of Lego, but I know that if I accidentally sent a customer of mine an extra set I could only hope they would mention the error to me and offer to send it back. I know Lego is a huge corporation and could eat the cost, but that isn't the point. It's the principal of the situation. A freakin' B-wing, man...

Good Job Sadowski...Just feels good to do the right thing!!! I'm telling you go buy some Lottery Tickets bro. You never know. :)

this reminds me of Charlie returning the "everlasting gobstopper" in the first Chocolate factory movie.

This reminds me of Pulp Fiction when everyone was trying to return that Brief Case with an unknown item inside. All we knew while watching it was whatever was inside it was bright!!! I think it was a bunch of Mr. Gold in that Damn Brief Case!!! Hahaha