Same order received twice, what do I do?

spener90

An interesting predicament just confronted me. So I ordered 5 Orc Forges on the 20% off target.com deal, and they arrived yesterday. It was a perfect order, all boxes were in great condition. So today I get home, walk by the front door, and what do I see? Another target box. 5 More Orc Forges. What do I do? Report it to Target.com?

I would. One would have to think they'd eventually figure it out. Your honesty could score you free sets with a guilt free conscience as well. That's just me though, I'm sure others will tell you to say nothing.

I'm contacting them about it. These places are usually pretty good about stuff like this.

It's amazing, you read about things like this happening to other people, but you never expect it to happen to you.

If you are thinking enough about it to create a thread, you are probably feeling that it isn't ethically right to keep it without saying anything. Carrying that feeling for the rest of your life is going to cost you more than 5 forges. I'd contact them, but who knows, they might tell you to just keep it if they don't want to pay return shipping.

Probably a 50-50 chance if you do ship them back, they are going to get confused and just credit it as a return anyway. Be sure to come back to this thread and post the results, I am interested to see how efficient they are with something like this. Even taking it back to a store I wonder if they would know what to do with the sets.

Check the invoice paperwork. Target must have gotten an enormous volume of orders over the 24 hours of that sale. Most likely a mistake was made and a duplicate shipment was sent to you in error.

I checked and they are the same order. This isn't the first time I've had an issue with Target.com orders. They have a way of not sending the right amount of items. First order was two black pearls, they only sent one (they fixed it), second order I get 10 orc forges instead of 5. Maybe they have issues with their logistics?

LOL. I guess if you said something like "it would be a big inconvenience for me to bring them back, I don't have a car" or something, they might say screw it, just keep it.

They responded asking me to run it over to a UPS or USPS store. I don't really appreciate this type of customer service. It doesn't account for the customer having a busy schedule. This isn't the only issue I have had with Target online. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon, when you send the wrong item, either let the customer keep, or send the UPS guy to pick it up.

LOL. I guess if you said something like "it would be a big inconvenience for me to bring them back, I don't have a car" or something, they might say screw it, just keep it.

They responded asking me to run it over to a UPS or USPS store. I don't really appreciate this type of customer service. It doesn't account for the customer having a busy schedule. This isn't the only issue I have had with Target online. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon, when you send the wrong item, either let the customer keep, or send the UPS guy to pick it up.

I told you:

"Call them and say that all the boxes are heavily damaged

If they want them back they can send someone to come get them. There's no way I'd take time out of my busy schedule and waste my gasoline to drop them off at a shipping location. That's some awful customer service. I'd keep them under those circumstances.

If they want them back they can send someone to come get them. There's no way I'd take time out of my busy schedule and waste my gasoline to drop them off at a shipping location. That's some awful customer service. I'd keep them under those circumstances.

Agreed. You would think that they would realize a customer is already doing what most wouldn't ethically by reporting it in the first place, but now they are asking you to spend time and fuel to take it to drop location so they can recoup 200 bucks from their mistake. I don't know about logistics enough maybe, but I would have assumed they would have asked you to leave it on your porch or doorstep with "return to sender" marked on it and they would have a carrier directed to retrieve it while on a route. What if you lived in a rural area? This would be an inconvenience. But like I said, I don't know as much as I'd like about civilian logistics, maybe this was the only option they had. Did they even thank you for your honesty?

Worst. Response. Ever!!!