Smooshers, stop wasting your time!

I emailed LEGO Shop at Home customer service some feedback on mr. gold and how I disliked stores pre-screening the packages. This was their reply:

As to our Collectible Minifigures, Tony, each series is made up of 16 different figures. Each of the series up to now have had one of more popular figures that customers wanted to collect just like Mr. Gold. As you know, LEGO Collectable Minifigures use a blind purchase principle. This means that the minifigures are packed in non-transparent bags and our LEGO fans won't know for sure before opening the bags which minifigure they actually purchased. Believe me when I say, Tony, that squeezing the bags prior to purchasing will not help determine the contents. Consumer feedback is important to us so I will sure to share your comments about the limited availability of Mr. Gold.

:snake:

Guest ph4tb0i

I can just imagine that customer service person feeling so proud of him/herself while answering that...

No what I meant is the rep picks from templates and for example it goes like this : Stephen, blah blah blah blah blah ah blah. Stephen blah blah blah blah, ah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah Stephen blah blah ah blah. Stephen blah blah blah blah. Thanks for your concern Stephen. I think this because in sent them an email addressing a certain issue and their response had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked.

No what I meant is the rep picks from templates and for example it goes like this : Stephen, blah blah blah blah blah ah blah. Stephen blah blah blah blah, ah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah Stephen blah blah ah blah. Stephen blah blah blah blah. Thanks for your concern Stephen.

I think this because in sent them an email addressing a certain issue and their response had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked.

For me, they end with something like "Thanks again for getting in touch. We're always pleased to receive feedback from LEGO fans! If you could take a moment to complete a four question survey by going to the link below, it will help us make sure we are providing the best customer service to you.

Please contact us again if you need anything else (you

Yep, it's a waste of time.

I had like 1 in 1,098,901,098,901 (1/16 to the 16th power) chance of getting 16 unique minifigs in a row and succeeded thrice (with Series 7, 8 and 9).

I ought to start buying lotto tickets... ;)

Bahahahah, I was @ the Lego store on series 10 debut...The Lego employee tells me that the box is in the back of the store and everyone there is smooshing, and that there is no mr gold in the box. I get back there to see whats up and one of the other customers asks me what i'm looking for cause he knows which is which for some of them already and was just going to hand it to me. bahahahahha, he couldn't possibly know :-P

Yep, it's a waste of time.

I had like 1 in 1,098,901,098,901 (1/16 to the 16th power) chance of getting 16 unique minifigs in a row and succeeded thrice (with Series 7, 8 and 9).

I ought to start buying lotto tickets... ;)

At least you get something if you buy the minifigures. I'm not sure what a person would recreationally use non winning lottery tickets Lol.

I seems to me that their emails come from templates that have a space here and there to type the name of the person they are responding to.

They are. I sent a couple of questions to customer service in the past and, I swear to the powers that be, they used the exact same responses. Plus they didn't answer a single thing at all! They could have just told me to take my response to the nearest brick wall and I would have gotten a better response. Seriously....

"squeezing the bags prior to purchasing will not help determine the contents." HA!

Apparently this person has never seen mine or many others collection of Minifigures.

I tell you though, these customer service responses are great for a laugh! :lol:

I wrote a letter to lego regarding series 10 minifigures and they basically sent me the same response back that you got. " we use a blind purchase principle". They don't really care about what we think as long as they are making money. Oh and my letter I received back was from Jahmal as well.

I wrote a letter to lego regarding series 10 minifigures and they basically sent me the same response back that you got. " we use a blind purchase principle". They don't really care about what we think as long as they are making money.

Oh and my letter I received back was from Jahmal as well.

I think we should send them a link to a youtube video with someone guessing the contents

Being mr gold substitutes a different mini figure in the box whose to say the weight may be different by like .00001 grams? If you can determine th exact weight of a box that contains mr gold you could figure out what box contains him. This reminds me of Charlie and the chocolate factory :D

I think we should send them a link to a youtube video with someone guessing the contents

+1 :smirk:

He could have gotten lucky... I am not planning on doing the math out but for some figures there are 4 of them in a box. There are only 16 figures to choose from, but of those 16 only a few options have 4 in each closed box...

But joking aside, I have guessed all of mine correct, minus the most recent baseball player. I had not idea what it was and bought it to find out what it was. I didn't understand how the body had a pivoting piece!

The funny thing is that when you walk into the stores, the clerks acknowledge smooshing outright. They all know it works. When I was in the Lego store for May the 4th I glanced at the shelf once and immediately knew from the creases on the packaging, that they had all been smooshed long ago. At the register I asked the guy how it went down the day they arrived. He basically told me there was a couple guys there waiting for the store to open, they laid out the boxes, and these guys smooshed for about 3 hours, didn't find a Mr. Gold, and left. The employee seemed to have an attitude that these guys were idiots for doing that all day...that was the funny part about it. This employee either had no regard for the value of Mr. Gold or thought these guys were losers for wasting that kind of time trying to get one. I asked if any of the employees or manager asked these guys to leave once they realized all they were doing was smooshing, and he said no.

There is absolutely no way I would have allowed someone to hang out in the store for 3 hours........buy something or leave is what in would have said to them. Its called loitering.

Same here...but it seems that quite a few business owners/managers really don't have a good grip on what they can/cannot do as a representative of a business. If I didn't want my whole supply smooshed through by an investor on the first morning, I would've asked them if I could help them, asked them what their business was in the store, and then asked them to leave. Non-compliance would have earned them a criminal trespass warning, which has different implications based on the county you live in, but basically means you can be arrested if you return to the store. I've issued plenty of those for the hospital I work at when dealing with homeless and other assorted loiterers. But many store managers believe they are powerless in these situations.

Hell, they might not have even cared. Might have figured it was more trouble than what it was worth...

Still wish Lego would be proactive here and alter the packaging to prevent this sort of tampering. Stores could step up too and put the figures behind the register, though that wouldn't prevent employee tampering which is the bigger threat in my opinion (Mr. Gold could be long gone before the doors even open, and probably will be if word spreads that he goes for above $1,000. Even managers who should be trying to prevent this sort if thing would probably be participating).

Still wish Lego would be proactive here and alter the packaging to prevent this sort of tampering. Stores could step up too and put the figures behind the register, though that wouldn't prevent employee tampering which is the bigger threat in my opinion (Mr. Gold could be long gone before the doors even open, and probably will be if word spreads that he goes for above $1,000. Even managers who should be trying to prevent this sort if thing would probably be participating).

Maybe Lego should stick a cotton ball or two in each one? Would make it more difficult to tell. I don't think they care though.