For those of you who missed the online deals, Target stores have started putting the LOTR sets on clearance

This morning/last night I went to 3 different targets, and all had a few LOTR sets on clearance. Target clearance Lego are generally in the inside aisle where the sports equipment is held, a few aisles down from the Lego itself. So far I have seen Gandalf Arrives for 6.48 Each target I saw had at least 3 or 4 of them. Attack on Weathertops for $41.98 (found some in walmart for $41) Not much else on clearance, but they do have the following superheo sets on sale as well Extremis attack for $18 ($2 off) Wolverine chopper, shield jeep, Lex Luthor power armor and Spiderman jeep for $19 ($1 off, but same price online).

Does anyone have an idea when the Orc Forge will retire? Is that expected to go this June?

I don't have any proof of retirement, but I can say that these cannot be found in my local stores at this point and have not for awhile, leading me to believe they won't/can't order them anymore. The Lego store still seems to have a decent stock of them, though.

Even if the forges aren't going out, this would still be a good time to get them anyway. 20% off is a bigger discount than the Lego store will likely ever offer, and Target will probably sell out of these quickly if the discount rises above 20 percent. People are going to start looking for these when the Tower of Orthanc hits the stores, and those who suddenly realize they need the forges to go with their towers are going to scoop up any remaining stock. This is likely an investment winner, especially with 20 percent off (25 with the card).

I would have no idea, but from what I've seen in stores it would seem that the first generation LOTR sets might be EOL, and the hobbit ones might be just normal sales. So far, between target, Amazon and occasionally walmart, it would seem there is a lot of evidence that the first generation LOTR will soon be EOL.

Is this a normal sale or are they running down their stocks prior to these sets going EOL?

Seems strange that all the Ninjago sets have been included in the online sale, but the Monster Fighter theme has been ignored so far. I'm guessing any day now we see these sets get red tagged at Targets and clearances out like they just were at Walmarts around the country. Meanwhile Ninjago will be orderable all year, so it seems an odd choice for Target to place these sets on such deep discount.

Missed out on the Helms yesterday, but pulled trigger on 3 other sets to get the 20%. Pulled trigger late last night, would be ticked this AM thinking it was going to be a couple day sale. How often does Target do clearance like that for 1 day?

Target's 20% off online sale is over. It no longer appears on Target's website as of this morning (May 7)

Wow, that's it? I think that was less than 24 hours. I'm glad I pulled the trigger yesterday after hesitating and getting burned on the last sale.